Jangly Pop/Rock – Based on their music, this Oakland foursome clearly wishes that they were living the coast-side lifestyle. This album presents beachy-pop ‘ooh-wah-oos’ similar to bands of the 60’s, but it tends to slip into stronger rock riffs and/or sharp-pointed punk lyrics. Nothing exceptional in my taste, but a pleasant listen nonetheless. FCC’S ON 3, 4, 8!!!!
Kind of like a cruder version of The Beach Boys, The Mamas & the Papas
My picks: 2, 7, 11
1) (2:32) Warped vocals, repetitive melody, never resolves beyond that.
2) *(1:56) Beach Boys-style Rock, complete with guitar solo
3) FCC!! ‘Shit’ (2:39) Upbeat, poppy.
4) FCC!! ‘Fucking’ (2:47) Poppy head-bobber, deconstructs into loose rockin’
5) (1:33) Venturing into Punk lyrics and distortion
6) (3:16) Interesting cross between insipid pop lyrics and driving rock sound.
7) *(4:34) Good use of slide guitar, female vocals are great, rapid fade-out.
8) FCC!! ‘Fuck’(2:00) Fast. As if the Beach Boys were much cruder.
9) (2:23) Simple piano riff, hand clapping, sounds like a lo-fi recording
10) (3:04) A little more sincere than the rest of the tracks; more Indie-modern.
11) *(3:51) Well-thought-out construction on this track, builds well.
12) (3:36) Great instrumental medley, vocals a little off for my taste, but a good song.