|Burnt Ones / Black Teeth & Golden Tongues|
|Album:||Black Teeth & Golden Tongues||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Roaring Colonel Records|
|Add Date:||2011-03-06||Pull Date:||2011-05-08|
|Week Ending:||8 May||1 May||3 Apr||20 Mar||13 Mar|
|1.||Thu, 04 Jun 15:||DJ Away|
The Final Sunset
|4.||Thu, 20 Mar 14:||scuttle_toes|
|2.||Sun, 13 Jul 14:||scuttle_toes|
|5.||Thu, 27 Feb 14:||scuttle_toes|
|3.||Fri, 20 Jun 14:||scuttle_toes|
|6.||Thu, 25 Jul 13:||Emily|
YES! It’s the Crocodiles’ new record... by some other band that isn’t the Crocodiles. Psyche-influenced lo-fi indie fuzz that pulls from classic glam and straight-ahead rock n roll. Jeans and leather jackets, hello. Stripped down three-piece garage with buckets of reverb. And lots of “oohs” and “oh”s. Gregg Araki soundtrack, etc. Not only was this recorded in your mum’s basement, but you’re listening to it through the vents.|
RIYL: Crocodiles, JAMC, Japanther, T. Rex
try: 1, 6, 7
*1. straight hard-hitting snare and a nice step-up three-note fuzz guitar riff. totally 12-bar. “doo doo doo doo” singalong.
2. pompy distorted synthish guitar and 60s girl group beat. washy ‘la’s that sound like amp feedback. laid back.
3. ~2 sec to start. fast tambourine, downbeat haunty wailing vox. breaks into click-clacky percussion.
4. repeating two-note upbend and horse-clop beat. over the course of the song, gets fast and incorporates “whoa oh oh oh”s.
5. ear-splitty effects and high-pitched tambourine. slow and tempoless.
*6. song for going out. upbeat, sunny, fuzzy, 60s beachy. “oh yeah”s. then “woo”s. really winning and light.
*7. ha, of course. a tribute to t.rex. heavy electric and midtempo bounce. nice strut. basically a two-chord swagger. swaaay, baby.
8. blatty start, then rudder bass. simple and bleak. mono vox, ‘ba ba’ backing. nice empty-hall tambourine.
9. marchy. nice synthy builder riff and tambourine. handclaps. slinkster fashion show strut. tarantino would dig this.
10. FCC “shit” downbeat bummer waltz with too-fast bass drum and slow cymbal snaps. lots of croony downcycling ‘ah’s.
11. ~8 sec to start. fast tribal tambourine + bass drum, blatty distorted outburst guitar. gets heavy with doubled guitar action. epic stretchy “aah-ah!” line.
|1.||Bury Me In Smoke||6.||Kaleidoscope Eyes|
|2.||Sunset Hill||7.||Gonna Listen To T.Rex (All Night Long)|
|3.||Bring You All My Love||8.||Famous Shakes|
|4.||Soft City||9.||Real Gone|
|5.||Burnt To Lose||10.||Only Ones|
|11.||Never Gonna Die|