|Joy Formidable, The / Big Roar, The|
|Album:||Big Roar, The||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Joy Formidable, The||Added:||03/2011|
|Add Date:||2011-09-25||Pull Date:||2011-11-27|
|Week Ending:||27 Nov||13 Nov||6 Nov||30 Oct||23 Oct||16 Oct||9 Oct||2 Oct|
|1.||Nov 18, 2019:||baggage claim |
|4.||Oct 15, 2013:||Indie Afternoon |
|2.||Mar 24, 2016:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants! |
I Don't Want To See You Like This
|5.||May 03, 2013:||FOLKTRONICA |
|3.||May 28, 2014:||A Family Affair |
|6.||Mar 08, 2013:||FOLKTRONICA |
The Joy Formidable: The Big Roar: This Welsh alt-rock group returns for their sophomore album effort, and it’s seriously good stuff! Thoughtful lyrics, interesting/not formulaic musical sound. Kind of reminds me of the Silversun Pickups or the Pixies. Most of these tracks deserve a solid amount of airplay, I think. FCC track 2. Try 3, 4, 6, 9, 11.|
1) Chaotic trash can-sounding percussion, slowly becomes more ordered. Strident chorus, quieter versus. Goes out in a 2-minute-long instrumental buildup.
2) FCC “fucking” Angry-sounding powerful guitars, slightly-distorted vocals.
3) Catchy, rapid drumming; poignant and powerful vocals.
4) Falsetto background vox contrasted with strummed bass. Cool stuff.
5) Deliberate, slower drums and vocals, louder on the chorus than the vocals.
6) The ‘well-known’ song from the album, and for good reason. Syncopated vocals, ends in an accelerating, powerful guitar solo-ish thing.
7) Crashing drums, strong guitars, distorted voice interlude.
8) Softer/shorter track for a change, just light vocals and guitar.
9) Peppy, feisty track with staccato vocals. Fun, but not silly!
10) One of the guys in the band tries his hand at lead vocals; I like the female vocals better, though. Soft beginning, noisy ending.
11) Typewriter sounds for the intro, at times slightly whispery, at times almost screamed vocals. Intriguing guitar melody.
12) Sounding pseudo-Arcade Fire on this track, with grand, majestic sounds and smashing chords.
|1.||The Everchanging Spectrum Of A Lie||7.||Buoy|
|2.||The Magnifying Glass||8.||(Maruyama)|
|3.||I Don't Want To See You Like This||9.||Cradle|
|5.||A Heavy Abacus||11.||Chapter 2|
|6.||Whirring||12.||The Greatest Light Is The Greatest Shade|