|Pentagram / Last Rites|
|Add Date:||2011-04-10||Pull Date:||2011-06-12||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||12 Jun||5 Jun||29 May||8 May||24 Apr||17 Apr|
|1.||Oct 03, 2012:||Catharsis |
Call The Man
|4.||Dec 22, 2011:||ThermoNuclear Bar Special |
|2.||Mar 17, 2012:||Catharsis - St. Paddy's night |
Everything's Turning To Night
|5.||Dec 10, 2011:||Overkill: The Final Desecration of the Corpse That Is 2011 |
Treat Me Right
|3.||Feb 23, 2012:||Sound and Fury |
Walk In Blue Light
|6.||Dec 08, 2011:||public noize racket |
OH HELL YEAH! These DC/Maryland/Virginia legends are back and at the top of their form! Bobby Liebling's Pentagram has not sounded this inspired or versatile in a while. The legendary frontman belts out the tunes, sounding like a demonic blues-preacher with a double dose of schizophrenia. The sheer menacing power of his presence evokes an awesome, unholy terror (and I can attest to this happening live, too). Also of note is the return of guitarist Victor Griffin. This record rocks from start to finish, and always with a new, intriguing groove, and a surprisingly varied sound that still remains within the doom idiom. Play this loud and under a full moon!|
(for fans of BLACK SABBATH and other general non-posers)
1. Thick, sludgy-toned, rockin' tune
2. Defiant, vicious, dare I say garage-y, damn right they are kicking ass and taking no prisoners! (HIGHLIGHT)
3. A little more somber, still packs quite a punch.
4. Psychedelic, dark, depressing, perfect for a dark nocturnal seance.
5. Wild, manic harmonies, bluesy riffs, and chorused, ballady parts that hearken back to their early 70s psych days.
6. Dark, doomy, 70s rock ballad-y.
7. Slow, somber, beautiful guitar shredding to top it off. Spacey as fuck outro.
8. Remake of an old classic; distortion turned up to 15 billion! (HIGHLIGHT)
9. Heavy, evil, morbid, psychedelic! (HIGHLIGHT)
10. Rumbling, crushing, the song that welcomes you to Hades!
11. Bluesy harmonies laid over slow riffs--sludgy and delicious!
|1.||Treat Me Right||6.||Windmills And Chimes|
|2.||Call The Man||7.||American Dream|
|3.||Into The Ground||8.||Walk In Blue Light|
|5.||Everything's Turning To Night||10.||Death In 1st Person|