|Drugs Of Faith / Corroded|
|Artist:||Drugs Of Faith||Added:||Apr 2011|
|Label:||Self Made God|
|Add Date:||2011-04-17||Pull Date:||2011-06-19||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||May 8||Apr 24|
|1.||Aug 04, 2016:||The Offbeat Generation |
|3.||Apr 20, 2011:||Brownian Motion |
|2.||May 07, 2011:||Overkill Radio: A Dangerous Meeting |
|4.||Apr 18, 2011:||Diego does his homework |
Drugs of Faith - Corroded|
Overwhelmingly brutal dissonance from start to finish. This self-described “grind ‘n’ roll” band from Northern VA has been going unnoticed for a few years (except by people that matter), and all the while cranking out great jams in the area. After an insanely good debut EP and split EP with the (sorry, but…) far inferior Antigama, in 2011 they come guns-ablazin’ with a smashing debut album. This furthers their journey into cerebral discordance that began with the debut, and now they bear almost no resemblance to the previous Richard “Grindfather” Johnson band that made waves in grindcore, Enemy Soil. So this humble reviewer must admit that no immediate comparisons come to mind, and thus this is recommended if you like: jarring, angular riffs; violent and unpredictable rhythms; and undiluted yet insightful rage inspired in part by Extreme Noise terror. PLAY IT LOUD!
Best tracks: 2, 6, 8, 13
1. Pulling no punches on this opener! (Relatively) long progression of wacked-out riffs.
2. Pounding, punishing drums and strange, aggressive riffs.
3. Short ‘n’ ranting ‘n’ punky but in the band’s own bizarre style
4. Dissonant and utterly ugly in the best way, mostly at a plodding 6/8 mid-pace.
5. Harsh, angular riffs and disturbing beats from increasingly aggressive drums.
6. Almost thrashy in its direct aggression, short n sweet n angry like punk.
7. Angry, raw, pummeling, with some thick bass presence
8. From no-holds-barred grind to crushing, angry sludginess
9. Bass chords add extra layers to the dissonance, which is absolutely blistering on this INSTRUMENTAL track
10. Harsh, heavy, more metallic riffs on this one
11. A short screeching noise interlude
12. Pummeling and destructive instrumental
13. Speedy, ranting punk that kind of sounds like angry Finnish or Japanese punk in parts with a brief shredding guitar solo.
14. An epic of an album closer, a great updated version from the 2008 demo.
|1.||Greyed||8.||No We Can't|
|3.||Race To The End||10.||Checkers|
|4.||Hidden Costs||11.||Sight Unseen|
|7.||Vignette||14.||The Age Of Reason|