This group of talented musicians infuses modern energy and sound into these classics of jazz & blues. Lots of hot brass keeps things swinging. It’s the kind of music you usually only hear in old recordings full of cracks and pops. Here it’s fresh, clean, and hot.
1. Slow, greasy intro. Leads right into #2
2. A midtempo bounce w/a hint of klezmer & Dixieland.
*3. Playful stomp w/a sweet oom-pah backing & swinging horns.
*4. Lowdown and lazy w/a deliciously sophisticated arrangement.
5. Bright bounce w/lots of cool squeaks and squonks.
6. Tight lowdown blues stomp w/female vocals.
*7. Sweet clarinet leads this down & dirty blues stroll.
8. Quirky and fun toe-tapping stomp w/sweet strings & brass.
*9. Fast and playful, almost cartoon-y w/great energy.
10. Midtempo Depression-era swing w/tight horns.
*11. Bright and lively meander w/some great solos. Yay!
12. Midtempo stroll with a lazy kind of laidback style.