|Sheehan, Lauren / Rose City Ramble|
|Album:||Rose City Ramble||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2011-09-18||Pull Date:||2011-11-20|
|Week Ending:||20 Nov||30 Oct||23 Oct||16 Oct||2 Oct|
|1.||Fri, 08 Jun 18:||Be Sharp|
|4.||Thu, 17 Nov 11:||Phil Andrews|
Palo Alto Pop Overthrow
|2.||Fri, 30 Mar 18:||Be Sharp|
|5.||Sun, 13 Nov 11:||Bruce|
Sunny Side Up
|3.||Sun, 20 Nov 11:||Bruce|
Sunny Side Uop
|6.||Mon, 24 Oct 11:||Savitri|
ReAd mY liPs
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Steeped in traditional, Americana music, Rose City Ramble finds Lauren Sheehan and company laying down some magnetic performances with a mix of originals, traditionals and covers. Instrumentation of guitar, bass, drums, harmonica and a saxello on one song, with some nice harmonizing throughout. Sheehan has a great voice and a great band. Any song worth a play. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 1, 2, 6, 8, 10, 13, 15.
1. *(3:09) Mid. Kick-back bluesy groover. Stanley Brothers tune with harmonica, brushes on the drums, backing vocals, acoustic guitar.
2. *(3:41) Mid. Upbeat and driving. Memphis Minnie song about a dirty rat man.
3. (4:02) Slow / Mid. Blind Willie McTell song with harmonizing over mellow picked guitar with harmonica.
4. (3:22) Mid. Upbeat INSTRUMENTAL with mandolins.
5. (4:49) Slow. Ominous with guitar, banjo, bass.
6. *(2:42) Mid. Take-off on a Dock Boggs tune with banjo, bass, harmonizing. Killer.
7. (3:22) Slow / Mid. Song about a devastating relationship. Guitar predominates.
8. *(2:46) Mid. Jazzy rendition of the traditional Candyman. Features a saxello (a B flat soprano sax) with guitar, drums, male backing vocal.
9. (3:10) Slow / Mid. Joe Hayes / Jack Rhodes classic done faithfully and beautifully. Sparse and sweet.
10. *(3:26) Mid. Recorded Live with intro. Traditional song done by many, with nice guitar work.
11. (3:12) Mid. Country flair featuring a fiddle, harmonizing.
12. (3:25) Slow / Mid. Guitar, harmonies, really nicely done.
13. *(2:48) Mid. Upbeat with guitar, bass. Reworking of old blues song. Killer.
14. (3:00) Mid. Another Memphis Minnie song done with guitar, bass.
15. *(3:53) Slow. Hank Williams classic. Slide guitar, bass, well done.