|Sundrips / Just A Glimpse|
|Album:||Just A Glimpse||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2011-05-08||Pull Date:||2011-07-10|
|Week Ending:||Jul 10||Jul 3||Jun 19||Jun 12||Jun 5||May 29||May 22||May 15|
|1.||Sep 24, 2022:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
Access Point, Awash
|4.||Mar 20, 2013:||minimum entropy |
|2.||Mar 23, 2017:||Reckless Burning |
|5.||Aug 22, 2012:||minimum entropy |
Greyscale, Perseids, When
|3.||Feb 25, 2015:||minimum entropy |
|6.||Jul 27, 2012:||maximum entropy |
Epic, intelligent ambient from Ryan Connolly and Nick Maturo, the two Canucks who run the stellar Fadeaway Tapes label. Ridiculously prolific—the duo put out 10 cassettes last year, and they’re rapidly becoming one of the biggest names in the scene. For fans of late night drives, quiet evenings, and rising before anyone else is awake. Perfectly peaceful and serene. |
ALL TRACKS FCC CLEAN
1. Slow and emotional with a nostalgic feeling you just can’t shake. Gentle tones and smooth washes.
2. Frantic keyboard zaps, uplifting melodies. (Think: Lunar Miasma)
3. A darker drone with undulating tones. Cold, black Canadian waters. Inches of frozen ice. Beautiful.
4. Fuzzy washes of drone. Subtle samples and gradual keychanges—just like the name suggests.
5. High-pitched, staticy and urgent. A bit on the harsh side, but with some delicate melody changes that you can really appreciate after a few listens.
6. The wind whipping through the willows, over a shimmery bed of tinkle keyboard. A gorgeous “wintery” track undoubtedly inspired by the cold Canadian months.
7. Dark, gritty drone. Pretty harsh and experimental.
|7.||Just A Glimpse|