|Konntinent / Down With Candy|
|Album:||Down With Candy||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2011-05-14||Pull Date:||2011-07-16|
|Week Ending:||17 Jul||12 Jun||5 Jun||29 May||22 May|
|1.||Sat, 16 Jul 11:||mr. esq.|
meow: a self-promoting whore of a musical
|4.||Sat, 11 Jun 11:||awyeh|
Songs: Cantan pts. I & II
|2.||Fri, 15 Jul 11:||Eme O|
|5.||Thu, 02 Jun 11:||mr. esq.|
|3.||Sun, 10 Jul 11:||eejn|
lost and found
|6.||Sun, 29 May 11:||the yuth|
Konntinent is a total allstar in the world of microlabels. His high-soaring electronic jams have graced handfuls of excellent labels including Sweat Lodge Guru, Sonic Pieces, Phantom Channel, etc. He is notable for his bold electronic work which has a lot of shoegaze, ambient, and 80’s synth-based influences, but is still fresh and interesting. Yet another great mindmelting electronic album for the a-file. For fans of Tidal, Vangelis, Alex Barnett, Red Electric Rainbow, Lunar Miasma, etc. |
1. Wandering Twilight Zone waves of ambient euphoria that are soon punctured by gain-soaked guitar and what sounds like crackles in the very fabric of space time. Bladerunnercore at its finest. Later dissolves into a great set of dreamy fairytale chimes. An excellent track!
2. Crunchy electronics, scattered samples, occasional blasts of synth. A very disorganized experimental track which gradually dissolves into a blurry wave of static like the heat rising off the blacktop at the end of recess…
3. Slow-building badass electronica. Hammering, echoing and relentless. Gradually transitions into a far-out cosmic jam. A nice ambient bit at the end rounds things out.
4. A bit more mellow than the others. Haunting and minimalist with a ton of Vangelis-inspired synth work. Sounds like you’re being chased in the dark. This one might take a few listens to grow on you, but it’s excellent regardless.
5. The first minute or so is pretty slow and then it gradually blossoms into a feast of lights, colors and sounds. Lots of cool textures and an oh-so-sunny melody.
|1.||Down With Candy||3.||Red Lion|
|2.||45 Magnificent Horses||4.||New Neo Tokyo / From The Beach, Odaiba Bay|
|5.||All Gamma, All Night|