|Supraluxe / Super Sounds Of Supraluxe, The|
|Album:||Super Sounds Of Supraluxe, The||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2011-12-04||Pull Date:||2012-02-05|
|Week Ending:||22 Jan||8 Jan||1 Jan||25 Dec||11 Dec|
|1.||Jan 17, 2012:||AudioVault |
You Are A Winner
|4.||Dec 29, 2011:||Palo Alto Pop Overthrow |
New York City's Not Alright
|2.||Jan 05, 2012:||Palo Alto Pop Overthrow |
|5.||Dec 22, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
Every Little Piece
|3.||Dec 29, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
Back To The Land
|6.||Dec 06, 2011:||madame psychosis |
Back To The Land
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Three-piece band out of Minnesota with this, their third album. It’s indie, retro, peppy pop, dreamy. Some good lyrics. Instrumentation of guitars, bass, percussion, keys, cello, some programming. Nice mix of slower and more upbeat numbers, polished production. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11.
1. *(2:37) Mid. Acoustic guitars, then vocals, then tinkly piano. Retro pysche with some great lyrics. A bit sparse. Cool.
2. (3:47) Mid. Big drums with tambourine strikes, elec. guitar, jumpy and plodding, gets big and poppy. Tone signal at end.
3. (3:51) Mid. Title ‘Lester Bangs’, who was a legendary music critic. Acoustic, folky, indie, pep pop. Guitar, bass, drums.
4. *(3:02) Slow / Mid. Mellow guitar, CSNY stylings with that same dreamy mood.
5. *(3:53) Mid. Upbeat rocker with pounding drum, guitars, bass. Guitar solos.
6. (3:08) Slow / Mid. Mellow cello, guitar, backing vocals.
7. (3:48) Mid / Fast. Swirling keys, heavy drumbeat, guitars. Rockin’ with plodding vocal delivery.
8. *(3:42) Slow / Mid. Mellow minor keyed dreamy. Acoustic guitars and cello. Then gets rockin’ with 1:20 remaining. Screaming electric guitar, heavy drums, screamed vocal. Returns to mellow mood at end.
9. *(2:44) Mid. Processed propeller intro. Trippy yet cohesive. Programming, guitars, drums, backing vocals. Cool.
10. *(4:10) Mid. Latin percussion to start, upbeat, funky, handclaps, slight rocker, guitar solo, backing vocals. Very cool.
11. (4:31) Slow / Mid. Dreamy, echoey vocals, keys. Drums with tambourine strikes.
12. *(2:05) Mid. Acoustic guitar, echoey vocals. Mellow, dreamy and pleasant.
|1.||Every Little Piece||7.||New York City's Not Alright|
|2.||Setting Sun||8.||Summer Bummer|
|3.||Lester Bangs||9.||Interstellar Pioneer|
|4.||When You're Down||10.||Back To The Land|
|5.||Go Nowhere||11.||Nail Biter|
|6.||Sunday's Not So Bad||12.||You Are A Winner|