Okay now this is outsider music, as defined by it being very likely that the artist doesn’t realize that he/she sounds like he/she is retarded. And who doesn’t love retards?! As a child I was forced to play with them…. which is likely why I love this stuff and anything that smacks of it, e.g. Daniel Johnston, Arf Arf Records, Steve Leiberman, Wesley Willis, King Missile… George W. Bush. Very low fi recording, sounds to be composed on a cheesy casio type keyboard with some drum bass and guitar overdubs, male vocals. Theres moments of Quintron, Bob Log, King Missle in here as well. Just wrong. Winner of the Special Olympics of college radio submissions.
1) swingy, “higher and higher we go”, with some slide guitar and happy drums
2) solo guitar folky + vocs some tambourines
3) “dig a hole”, sloppy swing, the horn is so obviously a casio type key its funny
4) really fucked up blues progression, comical organ, dog theme with barking, holy… see also track 9
5) bar-room piano feel with bass and half spoken words
6) western upbeat fun, boogie woogie, guitar with “Praise Jesus!” preacher theme
7) strange swingy blues, bad rhymes about big blue eyes, ouch
8) any song that features the “banjo” button on a cheesy keyboard is going to be worth playing, toss in a duck call, all in a vague 12 bar format…. well….
9) shit, now the Jamaican steel drum effect, a slow 12 bar progression, my tenuous grasp on reality just broke its knuckles as this is likely a reworking of the “dog” song above (#4), shit fire