|Mark E / Stone Breaker|
|Add Date:||2011-05-30||Pull Date:||2011-08-01|
|Week Ending:||3 Jul||26 Jun||19 Jun||12 Jun||5 Jun|
|1.||Jun 26, 2011:||lost and found |
|4.||Jun 12, 2011:||lost and found |
|2.||Jun 25, 2011:||High School Summer College All-Stars |
|5.||Jun 08, 2011:||The Donner Party |
|3.||Jun 23, 2011:||Crailslide |
The Day, Oranges
|6.||Jun 06, 2011:||Thrice Chilled |
Mark E has been famous for his disco edits and swinging house sounds, but has yet to release his first full length album. That’s where Stone Breaker comes in. Although it’s a bit moodier than what I had anticipated, there is still plenty of warm, well-produced house grooves to keep your show going. Expect sounds similar to Erdbeerschnitzel, Tensnake, and DJ Harvey. |
FCC: Clean Try: 7, 9, 8, 6, 2
1) 7:17 Crunchy drums, fragments of a synth line. Pounding staccato keys and chopped-up vocals.
2) 5:00 * Slow, swinging. Simple walking bassline, atmospheric synths towards the end.
3) 7:22 Booming, robotic. Bass rolling along just fine, hi-hats pick up the pace. Mumbling vocoders. Outro is somewhat acidy.
4) 4:28 Softer, more mellow. Retro ambient synth lines.
5) 10:28 Slowly builds up a percussion and vocoder-driven house groove. Deep, longing synth surfaces.
6) 4:59 * Organic sound. Subtle keys flail back and forth.
7) 8:12 ** Darker, more mysterious sound. Simple two-note synth line, builds intensity.
8) 8:23 * Dark, techy. Synth pads loosen things up a bit, and a clonky synth line helps, too.
9) 7:29 * Soft, discoish. Groaning female vocal samples and a cool bass line.
|1.||Archway||5.||Got To Get Me There|
|2.||Black Country Saga||6.||Deny This|
|3.||Belvide Beat||7.||Black Moon|