|Anvil / Juggernaut Of Justice|
|Album:||Juggernaut Of Justice||Collection:||General|
|Label:||The End Records|
|Add Date:||2011-06-12||Pull Date:||2011-08-14||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||10 Jul|
|1.||Fri, 08 Jul 11:||Eme O|
What’s to be said about Anvil? They’re one of metal’s favorite underdogs, and for good reason—they’re a perfect blend of Motorpunkin’ headbangery and straight-ahead thrash. If you like to bang your head at all—and sometimes that’s all you need with your metal—any Anvil album now and then is irresistible. They’re akin to reliable true-metal stalwarts a la Manowar or Testament in that they are always guaranteed to at least rock the fuck out. In otherwords, RIFYL: headbangin’. Try: 1, 4, 7, 8|
1. RIFFS! RAWK! Hop off yer hog and kick some ass!
2. A thrasher that is almost reminiscent of Megadeth
3. Thick, dirgey, bluesy fun
4. WOAH, get ready for a wild riff-ride; an anthem about rockin’ out complete with epic harmonies
5. A beersoaked mid-paced rager. Hilarious FCC: “fuckin A!”
6. Another heavy-hitting metal anthem
7. A badass, unstoppable thrasher, headbanging guaranteed!
8. A straight-ahead anthem that is designed for heads and fists to pound
9. Thick n sleazy hard-rocker
10. Title says it all—RUN! (Fastest tune on the record)
11. After an eerie intro this turns into a heavy, lumbering, relatively long badass track.
12. Drummer shows off his chops, and then a fantastic thrash-jazz instrumental (are those fucking HORNS??—as in brass, not the devil horns) akin to Sabbath’s “Rat Salad”
|1.||Juggernaut Of Justice||7.||This Ride|
|2.||When All Hell Breaks Loose||8.||Not Afraid|
|3.||New Orleans Voo Doo||9.||Conspiracy|
|6.||Turn It Up||12.||Swing Thing|