|Givers / In Light|
|Add Date:||2011-07-17||Pull Date:||2011-09-18|
|Week Ending:||18 Sep||11 Sep||4 Sep||28 Aug||21 Aug||14 Aug||7 Aug||31 Jul|
|1.||Fri, 06 May 16:||Francis D|
|4.||Mon, 07 Jul 14:||Zoë|
|2.||Thu, 05 May 16:||ts porkchop|
a strange pursuit
|5.||Fri, 01 Feb 13:||Baby Gap|
|3.||Wed, 12 Aug 15:||Zoë|
|6.||Tue, 22 Jan 13:||Ashleigh & Carly|
A Family Affair
Upbeat, jaunty pop with infectious Afrobeat energy levels. Fun summer soundtrack. Girl/boy vocals with interesting dynamics, and percussion to last a lifetime. May feel overproduced at times. The whole album is upbeat unless otherwise noted. Reminiscent of Vampire Weekend, Surfer Blood. Try 6, 1, 2. FCC Clean.|
†1.4.34 Incredibly enjoyable, tropical undertones. Background flutes, several vocal layers, some sort of bell-ringing going on throughout chorus line.
†2. 5.02 Syncopated, beautiful guitar opening. All kinds of percussion, quick guitar riffs, alternates between several different rhythmic lines.
3. 5.08 Mid-tempo. Starts out mellow, builds. Who knew swelling strings and a Caribbean beat could go together? Electro effects tacked on at end.
4. 5.05 Starts slow, builds. A LOT of electric guitar & swelling percussion in an electro sensory-overload background.
5. 4.47 Their stab at sultry. Slick guitar riffs, cooing vocals, strings.
†6. 4.21 Best track: boisterous happiness. Quick & inventive w/o sounding ADD: flutes, organ, bells. Afrobeat/Cajun-ish (they’re from Louisiana).
7. 4.47 More guitar & drum-kit heavy. Lively girl/boy vocals, guitar riff outro.
8. 4.54 Sigh-y female vocals over syncopated percussions & afrobeat riffs.
9. 7.25 Slow ballad. Soft girl/boy vocals w/muted bass line, builds twice into an ‘epic’ guitar solo. Ends ~10s early.
10. 5.34 Midtempo. Repetitive yapping chorus. Percussion/strings build at end.
|1.||Up Up Up||6.||Ceiling Of Plankton|
|2.||Meantime||7.||In My Eyes|
|3.||Saw You First||8.||Atlantic|
|4.||Ripe||9.||Go Out At Night|
|5.||Noche Nada (A Lot From Me)||10.||Words|