|Soul Of John Black, The / Good Thang|
|Artist:||Soul Of John Black, The||Added:||06/2011|
|Label:||Yellow Dog Records|
|Add Date:||2011-07-10||Pull Date:||2011-09-11|
|Week Ending:||11 Sep||21 Aug||14 Aug||7 Aug||31 Jul||17 Jul|
|1.||Jun 13, 2012:||Getting Over The Hump! |
|4.||Aug 18, 2011:||Summertime Sunshine |
|2.||Sep 09, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
|5.||Aug 11, 2011:||Summertime Full Moon Sunshine |
Oh That Feeling
|3.||Aug 19, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
I Love It
|6.||Aug 05, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
It’s soulful. It’s bluesy. It’s rockin’. It’s the Soul of John Black and you best listen up. Killer grooves, strong vocals, tight production, every track worth a play. Instrumentation consisting of percussion, bass, keys, guitars (acoustic, electric, slide). Backing vocals on most songs. This is some really good shit, man. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 9.
1. *(4:23) Mid. Funky, soulful strut. Groovin’ beat with cool bass, guitar, percussion.
2. *(3:18) Mid. Upbeat, fun title track. Background vocals, driving beat.
3. (3:37) Slow / Mid. ’70’s soul sound. Mellow with focus on the vocals, with backing vocals. Plodding beat, nice percussion.
4. *(4:17) Mid / Fast. Rockin’ soulful blues. Guitar solo, plodding beat and driving.
5. *(4:03) Slow / Mid. Stripped down acoustic guitar blues to begin, then band joins in. Shaker, bass and guitar all killer.
6. *(4:18) Mid. Slide guitar, organ, handclaps set a killer groove. Kick ass.
7. (4:16) Mid. Easy-going song with swirling organ, shaker, vocals with a slight hint of Lou Rawls. Backing vocals. Long organ ending.
8. (4:33) Mid. Psyche-soul, plodding beat, backing vocals
9. *(3:07) Mid. Acoustic guitar, handclaps, driving beat as all get-out. Killer.
10. (4:06) Slow. Dreamy, mellow, quiet with brushes on drums, organ.
|1.||Digital Blues||6.||Strawberry Lady|
|2.||Good Thang||7.||Lil' Mama's In The Kitchen|
|3.||How Can I||8.||New York To La|
|4.||Oh That Feeling||9.||I Love It|