|Paleo / Fruit Of The Spirit|
|Album:||Fruit Of The Spirit||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2011-10-30||Pull Date:||2012-01-01|
|Week Ending:||Dec 4||Nov 27||Nov 20||Nov 13|
|1.||Oct 30, 2017:||butterscotch memory: short |
|4.||Nov 26, 2011:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Dec 02, 2011:||Daydream Disaster |
|5.||Nov 22, 2011:||Panorama Subeque |
|3.||Nov 27, 2011:||Everything. |
|6.||Nov 22, 2011:||mme psychosis |
Quirky freak folk/rock. Synths, bad puns, and cutesy lyrics abound. Paleo throws in random bits of synth or discordant instrumentals. Vocals have a sour twang and a lot of angst. Think a Mumford and Sons but with interesting lyrics and playful instrumentation.|
7 and 1 are the best. 6 is good for acoustic(ish) sets
RIYL: Mumford and Sons, Here We Go Magic, Sin Fang, Le Loup.
1.* 3:35 Bouncy back beat with cute little effects. Twee-esque. At 1:42 the song radically changes though it returns to normal in a few seconds.
2. 4:05 Refreshing bursts synth over a driving indie rock song. Very catchy in the beginning but slowly loses focus/momentum in the last couple of minutes.
3. 4:10 Acoustic crooning song. Bleak and striped down
4. Dark and quiet beginning with sinister little bits of synth that float through the background of the track. A slow and melancholy song about being far from home. The last minute ends with a garbled, sinister mess of sound.
5. Lots of chaotic instrumentals in the background. Yelling, almost spoken, vocals. Kind of experimental if that's your thing
6.* Starts like a dark, new wave dance track. Maintains a bit of that momentum as it returns to pleasant folk song. Sweet.
7.* 4:00 Bass drums and handclaps. An earnest banjo romp. Vocals at times are almost like howling wolves. Super catchy; I dare you not to stomp along.
8. 2:32 Feels like 60s rock. A building, anthemic song
9. Groovy little ditty. Very catchy that just rolls along with a few twists
10. 60s rock/pop similar to 8, but more laid back
11. A continuation 5. They're virtually the same track.
|2.||Over The Hill And Back Again||7.||Holly Would|
|4.||The Rager||9.||Honey Be Reckless|
|5.||Poet||10.||In The Movies|