|Turner, Frank / England, Keep My Bones|
|Album:||England, Keep My Bones||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2011-11-06||Pull Date:||2012-01-08|
|Week Ending:||1 Jan||18 Dec||27 Nov||13 Nov|
|1.||Oct 15, 2015:||funk to folk |
Peggy Sang The Blues
|4.||Nov 24, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
One Foot Before The Other, English Curse
|2.||Dec 30, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
I Am Disappeared
|5.||Nov 10, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
I Still Believe
|3.||Dec 15, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
I Still Believe
|6.||Oct 27, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
One Foot Before The Other
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Turner hails from England and this is his fourth album. It’s folky. It’s punky. It’s also got a tinge of Celtic and a few doses of metal, though not too heavy. Much of it is upbeat and catchy. Pay attention to the lyrics, as they are brilliantly penned. Some great stuff here from a guy who’s been on the road for awhile, garnering a growing following and numerous media attention. FCC #1.|
*My Favorites*: 3, 4, 6, 7, 10, 12.
1. (1:34) FCC.
2. (3:33) Mid. Big acoustic guitar to start. Cool bass line, bright drums, keys. Upbeat, catchy.
3. *(3:45) Mid / Fast. Anthemic statement of R’n’R saving us. Upbeat, with big sound. Guitars, bass, drums, keys, harmonica. Last 0:30 mellow down. Cool.
4. *(4:34) Mid. Nice acoustic number. Alternating driving and mellow phrases.
5. (4:47) Mid. Droning electric guitar and acoustic strummed guitar to start, band starts kicking in about 1:00 in. Pretty good, but not one of my favorites (even though there’s a Dylan reference).
6. *(2:17) A cappella about the deeds of King William and his son, Rufus the Red, and their destinies.
7. *(3:26) Mid / Fast. Fuck yeah! Heavy-ass lyrics full of venom and violence. Loud, blazing electric guitar, driving beat, fucking killer.
8. (2:54) Mid. A bit poppy and anthemic with some, perhaps, sarcastic, lyrics - very fun. Acoustic number, eventually with full band and backing lyrics.
9. (3:34) Mid. Spoken start. Up and downbeat phrasings. Mostly mellow and bright.
10. *(4:26) Slow / Mid. Reflective and contemplative mellow acoustic number. Ominous strings enter with 2:30 remaining. Very dramatic, dreamy and cool.
11. (4:48) Mid / Fast. Drum start. Moody with keys, guitar, drums, backing vocals. Gets really loud and fast with about 1:30 remaining.
12. *(4:36) Mid. Big church organ start with blasphemous lyrics chanting ‘there is no God...’ with backing vocals. Gets loud and rockin’ with piano, drums, guitar, bass. Great stuff. Long organ fade out.
|1.||Eulogy||7.||One Foot Before The Other|
|2.||Peggy Sang The Blues||8.||If Ever I Stray|
|3.||I Still Believe||9.||Wessex Boy|
|4.||Rivers||10.||Nights Become Days|
|5.||I Am Disappeared||11.||Redemption|
|6.||English Curse||12.||Glory Hallelujah|