|Atari Teenage Riot / Is This Hyperreal|
|Album:||Is This Hyperreal||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Atari Teenage Riot||Added:||06/2011|
|Add Date:||2011-10-09||Pull Date:||2011-12-11|
Atari Teenage Riot: Is This Hyperreal?: This self-proclaimed ‘digitalism hardcore’ (read: heavy electronica with intense beats and crazy vocals) group’s first album in over 10 years. This album is basically a protest against attempts to restrict/control freedom in the Internet age. Lots of fast beats, loud/almost screamed vocals, and heavy synths and electric guitar. FCC tracks 1, Try 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 (total coincidence it was all the evens…)|
1) FCC “fuck” Screamed vocals, rapidfire beats, and heavy distorted electric guitar/bass.
2) Heavy electric guitar, lighter synths, female vocalist who sounds like a not-stupid Avril Lavigne. Kind of frightening sounding, but catchy.
3) Heavy guitar riff, loud male/female vox. Like metal electronica?
4) Title track. Questioning echo-y spoken words, with sparse distorted synths. Sounds desolate and dystopian/postapocalyptic.
5) FCC “fuck” Steady loud drums, with intense electric guitar and angry vocals.
6) Catchy dark synths with slightly distorted female vocals. Calm sections interspersed throughout (an anomaly on this album!).
7) Conspiracy theory lyrics with slow drums and fast/heavy electric guitar chords. Beatmachines.
8) Sounds like if TRON was punk. Deep bass beat, spoken female vocals, some dark synths.
9) Crazy-rapid beatmachines, with layered male/female near-screaming.
10) A heavy electric guitar melody and stadium-sounding chorus of voices. But from 4 minutes on, it’s creepy robot voices and tapping.