|White Rainbow / From Now On Let's|
|Album:||From Now On Let's||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||White Rainbow||Added:||Jun 2011|
|Add Date:||2011-07-05||Pull Date:||2011-09-04|
|Week Ending:||Sep 4||Aug 21||Aug 14||Aug 7||Jul 31||Jul 24||Jul 17||Jul 10|
|1.||Sep 21, 2021:||Wee Animalcules (rebroadcast from Jul 15, 2011) |
Flip On The Boogie Scrips
|4.||Aug 29, 2011:||Hello World |
Hermeto Swang, Flip On The Boogie Scrips
|2.||Jan 08, 2012:||lost and found |
From Now On Let's
|5.||Aug 28, 2011:||lost and found |
Raw Shanks A Million
|3.||Oct 30, 2011:||lost and found |
From Now On Let's
|6.||Aug 17, 2011:||Subbing for Jack subbing for Abra |
Stop It Boogie
Portland-based ambient wizkid White Rainbow releases a mixtape of complex cosmic beats. This album is a bit of a departure from his earlier work--less dreamy and a lot more chipper, and focuses on beat-based production with excellent samples and refined structure. However, a bit of his ambient background seeps through and adds another layer of complexity. All tracks are top-notch instrumentals. Jam them loud!|
RIYL: Flying Lotus, Samiyam, Ikonika, Hype Williams
ALL TRACKS ARE FCC CLEAN
1. Midtempo heavy electronic rhythm. Like something Delorean would put together. Would work well for freestyles too.
2. Stuttering percussion heavy rhythm with looped flute samples. Has a nice worldly feel to it.
*3. Mesmerizing synthesizer pieces with a steady-hitting electronic backbone. Upbeat and bouncy and unmistakably White Rainbow.
4. Looped ambient samples produces a nice Moby-esque chiller.
5. Boom bap hip hop beats with dark sinister synth lines and looped “hey" samples.
*6. Scattershot echoed synthesizer lines with clanging percussion. Dark and sophisticated.
7. Bright and sunny with tons of Beatgrid effects. Nice. Is this J-Rocc?
*8. Hella bass, yo. Also, some nice looped jazz samples and cool midtempo synthesizer.
*9. Epic and slow-building. Climaxes in a stunning blended beat with a funky bassline and cool ambient effects. Amazing.
*10. 80s throwback dancefloor synth. Pretty damn cool.
11. Slow and atmospheric with distorted halftempo vocals. Good for nighttime drives.
12. Frantic and confusing. ½ amusement-ride soundtrack ½ Krautrock.
13. Garage band dorkery. Cutesy 8-bit video game music.