|Ancestree / Sacred Birth|
|Add Date:||2011-07-10||Pull Date:||2011-09-11||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||28 Aug||21 Aug||7 Aug||31 Jul||24 Jul||17 Jul|
|1.||Sat, 02 Mar 19:||kim the friendly acupuncturist|
The Acupuncture Hour/Audio Ambrosia
|4.||Mon, 02 Nov 15:||Amu|
Souls of Sound
|2.||Mon, 02 May 16:||Shineymic|
Everything A to Z week 41
|5.||Wed, 24 Aug 11:||GreenBean|
Poetry in Parlando
|3.||Mon, 21 Mar 16:||Shineymic|
Everything A to Z week 35
|6.||Mon, 15 Aug 11:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
Happy Hour (Coverin' for PACC)
Ancestree – Sacred Birth|
Reviewed by Sadie O, 7/8/11
Roots Rock Reggae from Santa Cruz, featuring electric guitars and blatty sax, and a refreshing lack of polish. Very groovy Ital Rasta vibe yes I-ya. Ain’t nothing wrong with that – I’ll gladly take this fresh-faced hippie enthusiasm over the goddamn vocoder crap coming out of Jamaica these days… No FCCs detected.
1. 4:06 ***squawking metal intro, midtempo ska, alternating with very slow skank, all with honks and blats from real instruments.
2. 2:25 ***bass-driven stepping-razor skank, almost ponderous riddim section.
3. 3:36 **very slow swishy one-drop.
4. 3:36 ***very happy, bouncy, bippity boppity bubble.
5. 2:55 **big sha-na-na buildup, then uptempo, upbeat double-time groove.
6. 3:45 ***subdued stuttering guitar intro, very slow rolling skank. Best vocals on the record.
7. 3:10 **very slow skank – musically very similar to previous track. Until it switches to fast punkish ska. It may not have been a good idea for these stoners to try singing a cappella, though…
8. 6:21 **bass intro, slow bubble. The epic of the record, lots of solos.
9. 4:03 ***ultimately slow and subdued. Light em up… VERY slow fade.
|1.||Sacred Birth||5.||Holy Place|
|2.||Lion Paw||6.||A War Cannot Stop A War|
|4.||Fish Inna Sea||8.||Cuantos Anos Mas?|