|Album:||Peyton On Patton||Collection:||Blues|
|Artist:||Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band, The||Added:||Jul 2011|
|Label:||Side One Dummy Records|
|Add Date:||2011-07-17||Pull Date:||2011-09-18||Charts:||Blues|
|Week Ending:||Sep 18||Sep 4||Aug 28||Aug 21||Aug 7||Jul 31||Jul 24|
|1.||Apr 05, 2013:||The Songsmith Show
Some Of These Days I'll Be Gone - Banjo Version
|4.||Dec 24, 2011:||The Songsmith Show - Blues Marathon 2011
You're Gonna Need Someone When You Come To Die
|2.||Jun 29, 2012:||The Songsmith Show
Green River Blues
|5.||Dec 08, 2011:||The Songsmith Show
Shake It And Break It, You're Gonna Need Someone When You Come To Die
|3.||Dec 30, 2011:||The Songsmith Show
You're Gonna Need Someone When You Come To Die, Some Of These Days I'll Be Gone - Banjo Version
|6.||Oct 20, 2011:||The Songsmith Show
Mississippi Boweavil Blues
*My Favorites*: Play any, they are all superb!
1. (2:11) Mid. Eerie sounding slide guitar resonating the lyrical content.
2. (1:52) Mid. First of 3 versions on the album. Just Peyton on guitar and vocals. Plodding strumming with cool handclaps slipped in.
3. (2:33) Mid / Fast. Simple, yet insane, slide work.
4. (3:26) Mid. Peyton and Breezy call and response with guitar and minimal kneeslappin’ percussion.
5. (2:23) Mid. Peyton on slide...damn this stuff is good…
6. (2:00) Slow / Mid. Slide underneath Peyton’s loud and heartfelt vocals.
7. (2:06) Fast. Version 2 (of song #2) with banjo and percussion.
8. (3:01) Mid / Fast. Vocal delivery just a bit different than the rest, a bit chopped, but cool and effective as the guitar work is likewise curt.
9. (3:01) Slow / Mid. Slow instrumental start then it picks up with vocal entry. A dirge on death.
10. (1:36) Fast. Guitar, percussion and Peyton and Breezy’s vocals on hyperspeed. Killer.
11. (2:10) Mid. Great vocals over the slide guitar. Preaching a cappella phrase.
12. (1:56) Mid / Fast. Guitar, percussion galloping ride.
13. (2:15) Mid. Version 3 (of song #2) featuring Peyton’s vocal and slide guitar.