|Metronomy / English Riviera, The|
|Album:||English Riviera, The||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2011-10-09||Pull Date:||2011-12-11|
|Week Ending:||11 Dec||4 Dec||27 Nov||20 Nov||13 Nov||6 Nov||30 Oct||23 Oct|
|1.||Fri, 22 Sep 17:||Francis D|
KZSU Time Traveler
|4.||Fri, 13 Mar 15:||Friggz & Scout|
|2.||Thu, 13 Jul 17:||agent scully|
|5.||Tue, 13 Jan 15:||Arcana|
|3.||Wed, 04 May 16:||DJ Postnatal|
I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants!
|6.||Fri, 04 Oct 13:||Francis D|
Metronomy: The English Riviera: This English group is usually more known for their remixes and electro sound, but this album has a more rock sound to it. Kind of sound like a less over-the-top MGMT. FCC clean. Try 7, 5, 8, 2, 4.|
1) Short instrumental intro track to the album. Sorrowful violins.
2) Falsetto male vocals, with guitar centerstage and some synths in the background.
3) Shakers, calm alternating female and male vocals, nonchalant guitar.
4) Upbeat, bouncy synths. Sounds a bit like a beach/surf song, but not quite.
5) A darker track, with bassline, deep synths, and a long synth outro.
6) A minute-long acoustic guitar intro, then lazy vocals, guitar, and synth.
7) Bouncy bass, falsetto chorus vocals, cool synth solo toward the end.
8) Flute synth, very light beat.
9) A song of unrequited love. Hopelessly-sounding verses, silly-sounding chorus.
10) Mostly electro-jazzy instrumentals, with a smattering of vocals. Very meandering.
11) Stressful sound to this track, finally gets resolved in the last third of the track.
|1.||The English Riviera||6.||Trouble|
|2.||We Broke Free||7.||The Bay|
|3.||Everything Goes My Way||8.||Loving Arm|
|5.||She Wants||10.||Some Written|