|Noveller / Glacial Glow|
|Add Date:||2012-02-18||Pull Date:||2012-04-21||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||22 Apr||15 Apr||25 Mar||18 Mar||11 Mar||4 Mar||26 Feb|
|1.||Tue, 07 Jun 16:||iota|
does radio suck?
|4.||Thu, 26 Mar 15:||DJs Sissifer and Pogalog|
|2.||Tue, 03 May 16:||DJ Aporia|
|5.||Thu, 03 Jan 13:||miss information|
2012 Top Classical/Experimental Albums iI
|3.||Tue, 26 Apr 16:||iota|
does radio suck?
|6.||Thu, 19 Apr 12:||miss information|
Pretty ambient guitar music. Ranges from pretty drone-heavy stuff to soft post-rockish (whatever the hell post-rock means). Most tracks have a singular mood, and aren’t especially dynamic in terms of structure. Some songs (esp. 2, 6, and 8) are very reminiscent of the softer parts of Explosions in the Sky’s “All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone”-- that cold yet comforting mood. The production could be better; a lot of the songs clip at their loudest point. That’s certainly not a dealbreaker, though. Not all of it is terribly interesting, but anyone with a heart would at least have to admit that it’s pretty and relaxing. Highly recommended for fans of post-rock and more accessible ambient music.|
No FCC violations. Track descriptions/recommendations inside.
1. (1:45) Repetitions of a simple melancholy theme. Nice soundbed.
2. (5:52)*** Beautiful, grandiose in comforting way. For all you EITS lovers.
3. (3:55) Waves of guitar are nice, but it’s all built around a constantly repeating in-your-face sound that gets a little monotonous.
4. (4:23) Drifting and hollow drones. Darker mood. Nice high-pitched flourishes on top.
5. (5:24)*** Hopeful, almost bluesy. Sharp guitar with nice harmonies.
6. (3:43) Snowy landscape. Drones washing in and out, high-pitched tremolo picking, delay pedals-- you get the picture.
7. (4:12)*** Fascinating experiment in rapidly repeating high-pitched figures. Pretty but curious.
8. (5:12) Echoey, warm, repetitive. Feels like you’re washing away.
|2.||Glacial Wave||6.||Tuesday Before Poland|