|War On Drugs, The / Slave Ambient|
|Artist:||War On Drugs, The||Added:||07/2011|
|Add Date:||2011-10-09||Pull Date:||2011-12-11|
|Week Ending:||11 Dec||4 Dec||27 Nov||20 Nov||13 Nov||6 Nov||30 Oct||23 Oct|
|1.||Thu, 03 May 18:||Jabbering Encore|
The Flannel Underground
|4.||Sat, 20 Feb 16:||Mr. Tumnus|
|2.||Sat, 25 Feb 17:||DJ Aporia|
|5.||Thu, 11 Feb 16:||DJ Aporia|
|3.||Thu, 17 Mar 16:||DJ Aporia|
|6.||Sat, 12 Dec 15:||Mr. Tumnus|
The War on Drugs: Slave Ambient: Almost acoustic alt rock. Vocals sound a bit like Bob Dylan, with their slightly lackadaisical sound. Really musically rich, and a good fit for any indie, rock, or eclectic shows! FCC clean. Try 1, 4&5&6 (play in tandem), 9, 11|
1) Steady guitar strumming and slightly echo-y vocals, with a long instrumental outro.
2) Almost-spoken vocals, with cheery instrument bits.
3) Kind of low-key honky-tonk, with harmonica and piano.
4) Catchy and repetitive guitar, with back ground synths and longing vocals. Fades nicely with track 5.
5) Instrumental interlude, with layers of slow, ambient synths. Gorgeous.
6) Rich synth background, triumphant-sounding vocals.
7) 30-second ambient synth transition track.
8) Slower, calming track, with repetitive synth arpeggios.
9) Instrumental version of track 6. Very soothing.
10) Arcade Fire feel to this track, with faster drums, a multitude of instruments, and full vocals.
11) Instrumental track, with harmonica, electric guitar, and lots of background sound.
12) Strummed acoustic guitar, kind of repetitive.
|1.||Best Night||7.||Come For It|
|2.||Brothers||8.||It's Your Destiny|
|3.||I Was There||9.||City Reprise #12|
|4.||Your Love Is Calling My Name||10.||Baby Missiles|
|5.||The Animator||11.||Original Slave|
|6.||Come To The City||12.||Black Water Falls|