|Various Artists / Rough Guide To World Playtime , The|
|Album:||Rough Guide To World Playtime , The||Collection:||World|
|Label:||World Music Network|
|Add Date:||2011-08-28||Pull Date:||2011-10-30||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||18 Sep||4 Sep|
|1.||Sep 17, 2011:||Music Casserole |
|3.||Aug 30, 2011:||The Cafe Bohemian Part II |
|2.||Sep 16, 2011:||Music Casserole |
You can’t go wrong with a Rough Guide compilation. This one is full of playful and warm tunes designed to improve any cranky mood. It’s all worth a play as every track is thoroughly delightful. Yay! Disc 2 is all Mory Kante, a griot from Mali who plays balafon, kora & sings.|
1. Sweet midtempo sway with a little girl chorus.
2. Upbeat gypsy folk dance for strings & happy, happy vocals.
3. Bright strings blends French musette sound with ukuleles. Toe-tapping.
4. Warm and swaying midtempo vocals & strings.
5. Rich and relaxed fado, warm female voice & gentle strings.
6. Relaxed at first, picks up a bit. African perc & vocals blend sweetly.
7. Midtempo balafon & chorus trip along in this warm African folk tune.
8. Afro-Peruvian percussion & children’s chorus vocals. Midtempo.
9. Lazy Brazilian sway w/warm, kinda nasally vocals & light strings.
10. Okinawan-Hawaiian hybrid. Starts slow gets into a fun, warm bounce.
11. Midtempo Klezmer hurdy-gurdy meander for accordion & vocals.
12. Too short upbeat Flaminco-driven happiness.
13. Midtempo Algerian vocals, strings, percussion.
14. Fast and dishy blend of strings, tabla, oud, accordion. Upbeat and quirky.
15. Soaring nasally female vocals in a lively ghazal. So nice.
16. Zither and vocals in a mid/upbeat round-dance sound.
17. Upbeat and fiery Afro-Caribbean wiggle. Lots of fun energy.