|Album:||Drink, The Devil & The Dance, The||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Graveyard Train||Added:||Aug 2011|
|Add Date:||2011-11-06||Pull Date:||2012-01-08|
|Week Ending:||Jan 8||Jan 1||Dec 25||Dec 18||Dec 11||Dec 4||Nov 27||Nov 13|
|1.||Dec 26, 2013:||The Songsmith Show
|4.||Oct 26, 2012:||The Songsmith Show
The Devil's Drum
|2.||Oct 31, 2013:||The Songsmith Show
|5.||Aug 31, 2012:||The Songsmith Show
|3.||Mar 15, 2013:||The Songsmith Show
Bit By A Dog
|6.||Jan 05, 2012:||The Songsmith Show
Run Billy Run
*My Favorites*: All of ‘em.
1. (3:51) Mid. Big, slow, methodical trumpet with slowly strummed guitar sets an ominous mood to start. Then, full band including castanets, backing vocals. ‘We must all dance to the devil’s drum’.
2. (5:15) Mid. A cappella start, then plodding beat with harmonizing. Sparse with great lyrics about being bit by a dog. Very cool.
3. (3:22) Mid. Catchy with guitar, banjo, drums, backing vocals behind a slightly more than whispered lead vocal. Halloween-cum-horror movie song.
4. (4:34) Slow / Mid. Dark, echoey vibe. Guitar, cool percussion, banjo, backing vocals. Quick, suspenseful silence with 1:10 remaining.
5. (3:50) Mid. Upbeat yet dark running song. Country-tinged with banjo, percussion.
6. (4:07) Slow. Country folk dirge. Big backing vocals. Very sparse. Strummed guitar, steel guitar.
7. (5:47) Slow / Mid. Violin, banjo, percussion. Big Nick Cave sound, circa Henry’s Dream and Let Love In.
8. (3:07) Mid. Killer bass, killer mean vocals, great percussion. It’s spooky, ominous and joyful. Kick ass.
9. (5:24) Slow / Mid. Really has that Western Movie film sound, maybe an updated Peckinpah score. Slowed-down gallop, sparse with big backing vocals, banjo, guitar
10. (2:37) Mid. Stand-up bass intro with heavy percussion and banjo. Deeply dark, upbeat song about a train on fire with no way out.. Big Les Claypool sound. Killer, but quick steel guitar solo near end. Killer.
11. (3:54) Mid. Bluegrass banjo, violin, harmonica, intertwined with harmonies. Plodding beat, very cool.
12. (5:04) Slow. Funeral dirge. Slow strummed guitar, banjo, minimal percussion. Harmonies ensue as does a near-celebratory sound of the speaker’s death.
13. (3:55) Slow / Mid. Call-and-response lyrics with guitar, banjo backing it up. Cool harmonies then a beautiful harmonica solo and horn, with a full sound at the end. Very, very nice.
|1.||The Devil's Drum||7.||The Ferryman|
|2.||Bit By A Dog||8.||Even Witches Like To Go Out Dancing|
|3.||Mummy||9.||Let's March Boys|
|4.||The Bones Do The Work||10.||Ghost Train|
|5.||Run Billy Run||11.||A Tall Shadow|
|6.||Lay To The West||12.||Funeral|