|Friedberger, Eleanor / Last Summer|
|Artist:||Friedberger, Eleanor||Added:||Aug 2011|
|Add Date:||2011-12-11||Pull Date:||2012-02-12|
|Week Ending:||Feb 12||Feb 5||Jan 22||Jan 15||Jan 8||Jan 1||Dec 25||Dec 18|
|1.||May 21, 2013:||Heyyy Moon Buddy |
I Won't Fall Apart On You Tonight
|4.||Feb 03, 2012:||InAcrossAwayFromMe |
Owl's Head Park
|2.||Feb 10, 2012:||Time Traveler |
|5.||Feb 03, 2012:||Time Traveler |
|3.||Feb 10, 2012:||meow |
Owl's Head Park
|6.||Jan 20, 2012:||Time Traveler |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Eleanor and her brother are The Fiery Furnaces. This is her first solo release and a pretty good one. She’s got a sultry, sexy, wise and, when it needs to be, powerful voice. It’s indie pop / rock with a tinge of prog or psyche, and spacey. Some really cool stuff here. Instrumentation of guitar, bass, drums, keys. Play any. FCC #4.|
*My Favorites*: 1, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10.
1. *(4:29) Mid. Vocal starts right off, strong and upfront, band comes in, crunchy production sound with cool xylophone (?). Horn near end. Catchy and cool - very cool.
2. (4:08) Slow / Mid. Plodding beat, with tambourine. Piano, drums, guitar. Some stop / start phrases, vocals get a bit echoey. Trippy keys effects.
3. (3:21) Slow / Mid. Dreamy, echoey vocals, drums, keys, handclaps, tambourine.
4. (4:33) Mid. FCC ‘shit’ with 2:37 remaining. Drum start, then band with bass upfront. Echoey vocals, very dreamy, cool mood. Cool lyrics. Beautiful. voice.
5. *(5:20) Mid. Funky with bass, guitar, hip drumbeat, keys. Smooth stuff, gets big sounding. Cool bass solo. Killer stuff.
6. *(2:48) Slow / Mid. Mellow, funky groove with bass upfront, plodding beat, slight mic effect. Really laid back and hip.
7. *(3:36) Slow / Mid. Ominous with heavy, disturbing lyrics. Trippy effects, spacey.
8. (3:39) MId. Big effects, hollow, echoey, catchy, poppy, heavy drumbeat. Big piano flourish finish.
9. *(4:31) Mid. Near psyche sounds, echoey with echoey vocals, dreamy, spacey stuff and cool. Jazzy end, bleeds into next song and could be played together.
10. *(3:14) Mid. Could be played after previous song as it bleeds into this. Kind of jazzy, sparse, handclaps, harmonica - all very, very cool. Coda with 0:48 seconds remaining - a bunch of bird, jungle sounds with some instruments - interesting but could be passed over.
|1.||My Mistakes||6.||Glitter Gold Year|
|2.||Inn Of The Seventh Ray||7.||One-Month Marathon|
|3.||Heaven||8.||I Won't Fall Apart On You Tonight|
|4.||Scenes From Bensonlurst||9.||Owl's Head Park|
|5.||Roosevelt Island||10.||Early Earthquake|