|Add Date:||2011-09-25||Pull Date:||2011-11-27|
|Week Ending:||Nov 13||Nov 6||Oct 30||Oct 23||Oct 16||Oct 9||Oct 2|
|1.||Nov 06, 2011:||Crooked Spoke Adjacent
Forest You Carry Inside
|4.||Oct 25, 2011:||monsieur psychosis
|2.||Oct 31, 2011:||HELLAWEEN
Waterboys, Fear, Venus Lies
|5.||Oct 23, 2011:||The Crooked Spoke Adjacent
|3.||Oct 25, 2011:||YOUTH DEMOGRAPHIC RADIO
|6.||Oct 16, 2011:||lost and found
RIYL: jj, Air France, ceo, and that one waaaaaaaay-overplayed riff in the Empire of the Sun song “Walking on a Dream”
*1. (3:37) Sunny, delicate electronic pips. Later slowly gives way to a loose, billowing electronic landscape with some crisp drumbeats and beautiful melodic patterns.
2. (9:00) Collected reprises of the first track. Just about every variation you could think of. Cool stuff, but you also might want to play the first track for context. (Also—watch out for the 4-5 second pauses between each one)
3. (1:32) Witch house chopped and screwed vocals with the sound of fireworks shooting off in the background. Creepy, but also damn cool.
*4. (3:38) Amazing. Literally starts off with a big—a battery of fireworks greets you, it’s later joined by resonating minor piano keys, and some trippy samples. It later evens out to lilty midtempo keyboard-driven electronica.
5. (4:20) Deep, resonating beats in half time. Cool pressurized buzzy synthesizer.
*6. (1:47) Sweet tape loops flipped every which way, breathtaking xylophone lines, haunting samples, a dark woodsy feel.
*7. (5:23) Creepy, sluggish, witchy, gothic. Late-night at the drive in. Night of the Living Dead/Invasion of the Body Snachers double-feature.
8. (4:28) Gentle, relaxing. Dainty electronic but with a deep growling bassline.
9. (1:13) A five year old doing spoken word about a ghost named Charlie over a creepy ambient background. Yeah, didn’t make much sense to me either.
|1.||Venus Lies||5.||Forest You Carry Inside|