|La Big Vic / Actually|
|Artist:||La Big Vic||Added:||09/2011|
|Label:||Underwater Peoples Records|
|Add Date:||2012-03-02||Pull Date:||2012-05-05|
|Week Ending:||8 Apr||11 Mar|
|1.||Apr 04, 2012:||Ghost Trees |
|3.||Mar 07, 2012:||meow |
Heyo (Silver Morning), Lyny
|2.||Apr 03, 2012:||YOUTH DEMOGRAPHIC RADIO: GOVCO FO LYFE |
Fao, Heyo (Silver Morning), Lyny
La Big Vic: Actually|
Underwater Peoples Records
Experimental/psychedelic indie pop. Reverb-drenched vocals with crazy synths gives an epic/dreamy/trippy feel to the record. Vocals arenʼt the best though. All tracks flow into each other so you might wanna play more than one in a row.
Sounds like: Dr. Dog, Black Moth Super Rainbow, Panda Bear, Kraftwerk
1. Opens with some background noise and synth bleeps. Creepy/amusing robot voice says some weird shit. Big reveal half-way through track with real voice replacing robot. Hauntingly Beautiful.
2. More reverb-drenched vocals with aforementioned synths. Then, what sounds like a Chinese violin. Far out maaaaaaan.
3. 808 drums and more 80ʼs synth tomfoolery and some female vocals. Sounds like walking through an electro Chinese forest on acid. Kinda drags on for a bit.
4. More ambient Chinese violins (what are those called again?) mixed in with some synths. Interesting soundscape.
5. Chill opening followed by mediocre female vocals followed by an epicnessssss. Couldʼve been better if it wasnʼt for the vocals.
6. The quintessential dreamscape interlude.
7. Begins with 808s and violin with some synth choir thrown in for good measure. A slow
ride through the electro rainforest.
|2.||Heyo (Silver Morning)||6.||Mr. Broken Bird|