|Taylor, Maria / Overlook|
|Add Date:||2012-06-02||Pull Date:||2012-08-05|
|Week Ending:||5 Aug||29 Jul||22 Jul||15 Jul||8 Jul||1 Jul||24 Jun||17 Jun|
|1.||Nov 20, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|4.||Jan 11, 2013:||Time Traveler (Top 37 Indie CDs of 2012) |
|2.||Aug 04, 2017:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|5.||Sep 07, 2012:||Time Traveler |
|3.||Mar 31, 2017:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|6.||Aug 24, 2012:||Time Traveler |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Maria Taylor is half of Azure Ray with this, her 4th solo album. At times dark, it’s a gripping album full of fantastic arrangements employing guitar, drums, bass, keys, lap steel, marimba, banjo, mandolin, synth, etc. It’s an amalgam of genres (country, post-rock, slice of goth....) or none at all. Taylor’s voice will grip your ears, its echoey drawl will mesmerize. Fantastic stuff. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: All.
1. (4:39) Mid. Ominous and moodful. Piecemeal instrumentation ‘til halfway through then full band.
2. (4:20) Mid. Killer vocal - echoey and soaring. Driving, a bit hard edge w/ cool guitar and marimba.
3. (2:43) Slow. Sparse, quiet, echoed vocal delivery. Hauntingly beautiful.
4. (4:04) Mid. Organ, drums elicit a vibe of The Band. Great vocal delivery. Wow. Killer.
5. (3:43) Mid. Steady beat w/ a country flair w/ banjo, mandolin, double bass. Nice.
6. (3:00) Slow / Mid. Sparse, ominous mood. Lap steel, flute, guitar, bass, drums.
7. (4:05) Mid. Crunchy, sparse guitar, plodding beat, echoey vocal. Beautiful.
8. (3:39) Slow / Mid. Wow, beautiful stuff, very ethereal, heavenly, blissful. Great flute. Bleeds into next song…
9. (2:16) Slow / Mid. ...take up from previous song. Ethereal w/ great lap steel.
|3.||Happenstance||7.||In A Bad Way|
|4.||Like It Does||8.||This Could Take A Lifetime|
|9.||Along For The Ride|