22º Beatitude by Tarun Nayar
Label: Chaiwalla Boombox
This is the first solo album by Canadian DJ/Producer Tarun Nayar. He is a member of Delhi2Dublin, a band that combines
Celtic/Punjabi/Indian/Techno influence into their music.
22º Beatitude released in March 2011 & is a mix of different
ancient musical influences from India to Bhutan to Turkey.
Nayar has managed to blend various influences & created
a very interesting album that is worth listening. And of course, you can hear Nayar’s electronic signature in the album, which is what gives it that modernmusical touch. Most of the tracks have a mellow and quiet feel to them. They are mostly instrumental with minimal vocals.
All tracks are good. Try 1,5,6,7 & 8.
1. Ever heard of music from Bhutan? This track infuses electronic
dance music with Buddhist chanting.
2. Classical Indian music sounds. Peaceful. Just the right track
to wake you up.
3.Modern music beat mixed with an old Indian song. A world in transition?
4.Listen to the flute.Slow & then a female voice floats in with
5. Beautiful blending of Asian/Indian/Western influence with a
female singer reciting.
6. Inspired by a Muezzin’s call for prayers. Nayar brings in his
electronic magic & creates a very interesting & modern sound
to this age old call for prayer.
7. Turkish Spice is the name of the track & it it captures a little
bit of that Turkish musical magic.
8. Lovely & mellow track with refrains from the holy book
for the Sikh’s.
9. Slow & mellow that leans heavily on North Indian classical