|Apparat / Devil's Walk, The|
|Album:||Devil's Walk, The||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Mute Records Ltd|
|Add Date:||2011-10-09||Pull Date:||2011-12-11||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||Dec 11||Dec 4||Nov 27||Nov 20||Nov 13||Nov 6||Oct 30||Oct 23|
|1.||Nov 01, 2013:||The Fall of Math |
|4.||Jan 03, 2012:||There and Back Again |
Song Of Los
|2.||Feb 16, 2013:||Everything 2.0 |
Candil De La Calle
|5.||Dec 06, 2011:||There and Back Again |
|3.||Sep 06, 2012:||QuestionAir |
|6.||Nov 29, 2011:||There and Back Again |
The Soft Voices Die
Apparat is tired of dance music. After collaborating with Modeselektor on Moderat, the German artist decided to aim for completely different vibes with this album. Dark, lonely and nothing short of beautiful. If James Blake married one of the noise records in the a-file, this would be their first born.|
FCC: Clean Try: 3, 6, 2, 10
1) 3:33 Long opening, clicky strings and choir. Long fading organ outro
2) 4:32 * Suspenseful beat, shimmering hi-hats, understated vocals. Fragile and emotional
3) 4:53 ** Starts simple and beautiful. Dark, echo-heavy and triumphant. Rainy outro.
4) 4:29 Organic ambient sounds. Whispers. Transitions to a dark piano ballad with female vocals.
5) 4:36 Subtle dubstep beat, synthetic strings. Bass waves and strained vocals
6) 4:22 * Keys, guitar and bells with faint squeals somewhere in the background. Determined feel.
7) 5:46 Vocals front and center. Straightforward, sensitive electronic pop.
8) 5:39 High tempo, plucking strings. Crescendos with chaotic percussion.
9) 5:57 Warped. Backwards. Reich-vibraphones. Sigur Rós-ish.
10) 3:55 * Guitar strings, airy melancholic vocals. Pretty. Very pretty.
|1.||Sweet Unrest||6.||The Soft Voices Die|
|2.||Song Of Los||7.||Escape|
|3.||Black Water||8.||Ash Black Veil|
|4.||Goodbye||9.||A Bang In The Void|
|5.||Candil De La Calle||10.||Your House Is My World|