|Armpit / Tron Ii|
|Add Date:||2011-12-04||Pull Date:||2012-02-05|
|Week Ending:||29 Jan||18 Dec|
|1.||Tue, 24 Jan 12:||HYPRK & Doublestuf|
YOUTH DEMOGRAPHIC RADIO: BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
|2.||Wed, 14 Dec 11:||abraxas|
Ambling noise rock project made up of New Zealanders Clayton Noone and Sugar John. 10 tracks of boggy lo-fi rock, all nicely distorted, with refreshing blasts of harsh noise. improv with a lower case “i.” A bit bluesy too. Varied stuff showcasing a diverse platter of stylistic influences, but too many half-baked ideas to really make them all work. |
1. Lo-fi guitar bashing while sitting in a dark corner. Mumbled vocals.
2. Feedback loops, strange bubbly effects, all over a bed of drum machine.
3. Bluesy minor guitar chords. Repetitive and grainy.
4. Fuzzed-out guitar wanderings, drums. Improv jammy ish.
*5. Crazy cycloning guitar effects over steady drumming. Muffled clumsy male vocals in the background. Pretty fearless.
6. Buzzy staticy feedback. Sounds like electric guitars being tuned.
*7. Midtempo bluesy guitars. Lo-fi as high hell. Strange wailing vocals.
*8. Washes of noise with a synthy electro beat. Cool stuff—this one really works.
9. Blustery noise.
*10. More boggy lo-fi guitars. Static hisses, a bit of percussion, and is that vocals I hear in the background?
|5.||When In Cars||10.||Youse|