|Big Troubles / Romantic Comedy|
|Add Date:||2012-03-02||Pull Date:||2012-05-05|
|Week Ending:||6 May||29 Apr||8 Apr||1 Apr||25 Mar||11 Mar|
|1.||May 16, 2012:||The Independent Mind |
Make It Worse
|4.||Apr 25, 2012:||The Independent Mind |
She Smiles For Pictures
|2.||May 09, 2012:||The Independent Mind (Special Guest MC KravKakes) |
|5.||Apr 07, 2012:||Pre-Easter Hullabaloo |
|3.||May 02, 2012:||The Independent Mind |
|6.||Mar 30, 2012:||Time Traveler |
Big Troubles / “Romantic Comedy” / Slumberland Records|
Indie poppy/rocky band. All agreeable tracks, often pretty emo - which can be good sometimes, but nothing that really stands out here. Slightly breathy light, kinda typical mid-range indie male vocals (Earlimart-ish? borderline less-original Billy Corgan at times). Most songs consist of steady midtempo beat, synth-effects laden electric guitar, slightly emo poppy tune with general catchiness but nothing that will stick too much. Still, nothing bad, all playable.
No FCCs detected.
Favorite tracks: 6, 9
1. 2:53 Mid-uptempo, big catchy pop sound from the start, like a synth ish guitar.
2. 2:23 Midtempo, basic effect-ed electric guitar sound.
3. 2:57 Midtempo, again basic slightly jangly, more vanilla Cure sound.
4. 3:44 Midtempo, a little breathier than usual, super emo chorus, almost sounds like a less nasal/plainer Billy Corgan here. Not bad. (there’s a key change, for christssake!)
5. 4:18 Slower, emo, steady slow beat, 4-note basic electric guitar melody repeated. Meh.
6. *4:28 Uptempo, catchy chorus with “oohs”, diet-Billy-Corgan voice again, emo as heck lyrics, but kinda makes me feel like it’s a 90s tune, which I like.
7. 3:39 Uptempo, basic electric guitar single note riffs again, decent.
8. 3:32 Midtempo, emo lyrics about “dancing with myself” only it’s not Billy Idol. Occasional catchy moments.
9. *2:59 Midtempo, slightly different chords, almost a slight morose, bored 90s Brit rock sound. Basic, but nice, I like it!
10. 4:08 Mid-uptempo, back to the basic sound (electric guitar, few-note-riff, breathy, etc.) Decent melody, but nothing much.
|1.||She Smiles For Pictures||6.||Minor Keys|
|2.||Misery||7.||Softer Than Science|
|3.||Make It Worse||8.||Time Bomb|
|5.||You'll Be Laughing||10.||Never Mine|