|Asa / Beautiful Imperfection|
|Add Date:||2012-04-07||Pull Date:||2012-06-09|
|Week Ending:||3 Jun||27 May||20 May||13 May||29 Apr||22 Apr||15 Apr|
|1.||May 27, 2012:||feelin' the music |
|4.||May 07, 2012:||No Longer at Ease |
The Way I Feel
|2.||May 20, 2012:||overtones |
Be My Man
|5.||Apr 24, 2012:||No Longer at Ease |
Be My Man, Broda Olé
|3.||May 14, 2012:||No Longer at Ease |
|6.||Apr 23, 2012:||No Longer at Ease |
The Way I Feel, Bimpé
Asa -- Beautiful Imperfection -- (Naive)|
Asa is Bukola Elemide, a French-born Nigerian folk artist. Asa means Hawk in the Yoruba language, and it fits her perfectly -- floating gracefully yet ready to strike. Her unique background is shown through her multi-faceted approach to music: from airy/sentimental acoustics, to glitzy and groovy soul and political folk. "Beautiful Imperfection" is a mature follow-up to her first LP, Asa. Most tracks in English, but a few in Yoruba. No FCCs...so play 'em all!! At least 3,5,6,11.
1. (3:44) -- Mid. Upbeat, catchy track. Brass tubas. Tambourines. 'Whoa hoo' chorus. Starts acoustic but picks up electric half-way in. Feel-good track.
2. (4:16) -- Mid. Acoustic, xylophone, soulful organ. Rock-steady beat. Commanding and foreboding vox. Organ solo mid-way.
**3. (3:46) -- Fast. Sexy, upbeat and dancy. Soulful organs. Big band brass. Groovy bass. Incredibly fresh. Play it!!!
4. (4:45) -- Slow ballad. Quiet, crystal clear guitar. Sharp piano. Bass kicks in with drums, stepping down with the "I need you" vocals.
*5. (3:27) -- Mid-slow. Head bobbing drum beat with matching acoustic guitar and pianos. Jumps up a notch half-way in. Vox in Yoruba.
*6. (5:02) -- Slow. Stand up bass. Snapping fingers. Seductive lounge jazz. Dark and musty. Trumpets in the distance. Nice!
7. (3:52) -- Mid-slow. Almost a western-vibe. Slide guitars, low chords. Echoey vox.
8. (3:40) -- Mid-slow. A wistful "one day" track. Electronics and acoustic mixed well.
9. (4:30) -- Similar to track 7. Acoustic, slide guitars. Yoruba lyrics. shakers and slow congo beats.
10. (4:38) -- Slow. Another wistful, melancholy track about leaving. Pretty 90s feeling.
**11. (3:55) -- Fast. Soulful like track 3. Keys, twang, clap. Yoruba lyrics. A good one!
12. (4:05) -- Slow piano ballad with Saxophone and poetic vox.
|1.||Why Can't We||7.||Ok Ok|
|3.||Be My Man||9.||Oré|
|4.||Preacher Man||10.||Baby Gone|
|6.||The Way I Feel||12.||Questions|