|Fox, Danny Trio / One Constant, The|
|Album:||One Constant, The||Collection:||Jazz|
|Artist:||Fox, Danny Trio||Added:||10/2011|
|Add Date:||2011-10-24||Pull Date:||2011-12-26||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||18 Dec||11 Dec||4 Dec||27 Nov||13 Nov||6 Nov||30 Oct|
|1.||Tue, 13 Dec 11:||Be Sharp|
|4.||Tue, 22 Nov 11:||Be Sharp|
|2.||Tue, 06 Dec 11:||Be Sharp|
|5.||Sat, 12 Nov 11:||Eme O|
|3.||Tue, 29 Nov 11:||Be Sharp|
|6.||Fri, 04 Nov 11:||Fo|
No Cover, No Minimum
A quirky piano trio showing influences from everything from Monk to Motown, this NY-based trio delivers some solid tracks based on composer/pianist Fox’s work. Featuring Max Goldman on drums and Chris van Voorst van Beest on bass. You really get the feeling these guys enjoy playing with (and off) each other. Watch for levels as some of the solos are rather quiet. A solid trio w/good performances.|
*1. Nicely rolling, mostly midtempo w/cool interplays. Picks up.
2. Starts w/slow drama, has some quiet moments. Introspective.
3. Quirky midtempo river with hints of both brightness & shadow.
*4. Fox’s piano shines. Starts mid, changes tempo. Fresh.
5. Slow and quiet. Varying tempos and moods. Dark hints.
*6. Piano gets a cool metronome quality w/mid/up passages.
7. Relaxed and sophisticated w/nice exchanges from the band.
*8. They become a classical music trio w/bowed bass. Slow & lovely.
9. Light touch on the keys into varying textures and tempos. Gets quiet
10. Midtempo w/layers of melodies trading voices.
11. Playfully unpredictable, good solos from all. Again, quiet at times.
12. Slow and simple gains a bit of energy and slow again.
|1.||Next Chapter||7.||Bad Houseguest|
|3.||Easily Distracted||9.||Drama King|
|6.||The Icebox||12.||The One Constant|