|Premonition 13 / 13|
|Add Date:||2011-10-24||Pull Date:||2011-12-26||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||25 Dec||11 Dec||4 Dec||27 Nov||13 Nov||6 Nov||30 Oct|
|1.||Thu, 30 Aug 12:||Lestrygonian|
|4.||Thu, 08 Dec 11:||bobbi|
public noize racket
|2.||Wed, 21 Dec 11:||mr. esq.|
|5.||Sat, 03 Dec 11:||D. Cannibal|
Overkill: Guitar Gods special
|3.||Sat, 10 Dec 11:||D. Cannibal|
Overkill: The Final Desecration of the Corpse That Is 2011
|6.||Thu, 01 Dec 11:||Lestrygonian|
It’s been quite a busy year for Scott “Wino” Weinrich. The prolific Maryland doom crooner/guitarist was recently on our charts with the solo semi-acoustic album “Adrift” which was fantastically heavy, heartfelt, and introspective as only Wino can be. He’s also reunited with Saint Vitus for some touring, reviving one of the slowest and heaviest bands of the 80s. But Wino’s always at work on his own new ideas, and his newest Maryland-based band Premonition 13 is the next step in his uniquely progressive take on punk, rock, metal, doom—you name it (see also: The Obsessed, Spirit Caravan, The Hidden Hand, etc). Leather-jacket punks will love the badass Motorhead-esque raw anger permeating all the riffs, but many of those riffs will also make the nerdiest of math-rockers raise an eyebrow. There’s plenty of psychedelic drifting and droning to satisfy the 4a.m. crowd, but it’s all still seeped in Sabbath worship, and belongs with Pentagram, Pagan Altar, Saint Vitus, and all other great doom bands over the decades. |
FCC Clean. ALL TRACKS ARE AWESOME DAMMIT PLAY THIS NOW (but I guess 1, 3, 6 and 7 stand out)
1. (9:02) Two entire minutes of droning guitar feedback, followed by some deep, slow riffs and even a pretty shoegaze-y interlude.
2. (3:06) Angry and destructive, like Motorhead getting in a drunk fight with Saint Vitus’s Black Flag cover.
3. (6:08) A mindblowing progression from jazzy chorused guitar to a relentless barrage of riffs and shredding.
4. (3:30) If any of Black Sabbath’s ballads were actually heavy, this is how that might have sounded.
5. (1:33) A gorgeous, slow guitar prelude for next track. Playing this and the following song is recommended.
6. (6:27) How can something so blatantly Sabbath-influenced be so original at the same time? Play this song and find out.
7. (3:36) If the only heavy band you’ve ever heard is Led Zeppelin, you owe it to yourself to hear this now. Plus it’s bluesy as hell and a perfect drinking song for a bar that Lemmy might patronize.
8. (4:21)A mid-paced punk-ish song that’s… catchy? Raises an eyebrow, but ultimately awesome.
9. (6:05) Heavy, trippy harmonies—think slower, more psych Mercyful Fate. Drifts off into a sludgy riff-sesh that builds a lot of heavy tension.
|1.||B.E.A.U.T.Y.||5.||La Hechicera De La Jeringa (Prelude)|
|2.||Hard To Say||6.||La Hechicera De La Jeringa|
|3.||Clay Pigeons||7.||Deranged Rock N' Roller|