|Add Date:||2011-10-30||Pull Date:||2012-01-01||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||Jan 1|
|1.||Dec 28, 2011:||meow
Dead Cops, Cop Killer
FCC: 15 (the Flag cover) “fuck”—there are probably other FCCs, but this is the only one that is actually discernible.
1. Starts with a sampled slam poetry snippet, then noisy clanging guitar rawk.
2. Droning, slow doom; screaming; schizophrenic drums
3. Sick, lurching, slow riff
5. A steady, slow, crushing beat crawls along with & without droning, dissonant guitar chords
6. Ibid + sample of dialog from old movie
7. “Cop Killer” cover—don’t worry, it doesn’t sound much different from the other songs here
8. MDC “Dead Cops” cover—if that song were on a 78 that was played on 33rpm
9. Boiling and simmering feedback and noise eventually leads into a solid, slow, pounding rocker—maybe the BEST TRACK but hard to say since there’s so little variation here
10. Sample of a speech from civil rights movement; then the slow crushing doom riffs come in.
11. An overwhelming surge of massive, pounding guitar and drums. This track might actually kill you.
12. Supposedly a cover of Judas Priest’s ballad “Here Come the Tears” but the only resemblance is in some strummed minor chords at the beginning
13. Swans covering Crass
14. Swans covering Danzig
15. Swans covering Black Flag—oh wait, they play it fast!
16. Swans covering… Sinead o’Connor? Lilting female vox laid over the droning and screaming
|1.||Always Waiting||9.||Even The Saints Knew Their Hour Of Failure And Loss|
|3.||Night Terrors||11.||Sarin, How The Gods Kill|
|4.||Empty||12.||Here Come The Tears|
|5.||Untitled||13.||Do They Owe Us A Living?|
|6.||Untitled||14.||Tired Of Being Alive|
|7.||Cop Killer||15.||Police Story|
|8.||Dead Cops||16.||Black Boys On Mopeds|