|Village Of Spaces / Alchemy And Trust|
|Album:||Alchemy And Trust||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Village Of Spaces||Added:||Oct 2011|
|Add Date:||2012-03-02||Pull Date:||2012-05-05|
|Week Ending:||Apr 8|
|1.||Apr 06, 2012:||Mountain Music |
Village of Spaces / “Alchemy and Trust” / Corleone|
Mostly folk, verges on new-weird-folk a bit, though some nice dark moods, and overall very solid album. Tenor range mildly nasal male voice coupled often with high but strong female voice. Female voice mostly accompaniment only (and often a bit too high). Almost exclusively accompanied on simple guitar, a few layered sounds, but pretty stripped. Sounds like a sample of the middle of nowhere, America, devoid of human life for miles, 50 degrees, kinda damp, though no one ever gets cold (but me). Secluded, kinda uncomfortable, but really quite nice.
No FCCs detected.
Favorite tracks: 1, 3, 6
1. *4:57 Slow, echoey strummed guitars, piano, distant dark sound. Male and beautiful female voices, bit like a Bonnie Prince Billy song. Nice.
2. 7:24 Guitar, slow beat kicks in couple min in, high layered vocals give it a bit of a weird-folk-genre vibe, song kinda goes on too long...
3. *4:30 Nice chords, just vocals & guitar, like an old folk song in its basic lyrics, makes me think of a more stripped Decembrists song. Male vox great on this.
4. 6:18 Guitar with layered other string instruments, male/female as usual, drags a bit long IMO, but not bad.
5. 5:58 Discordant guitar strums, similar sound, a bit repetitive but still pretty nice.
6. *4:57 Nice eerie effects on plucked strings (??) in background, piano, slow beat, nice female harmony interlude.
|1.||Ovum's Influence||4.||Montana Telephone|
|2.||Forget Me Not||5.||Buoy Gong|
|3.||House A Home Part 2||6.||Mountainside|