|Jane Jane Pollock / Jane Jane Pollock|
|Album:||Jane Jane Pollock||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Jane Jane Pollock||Added:||10/2011|
|Label:||Flea Ridden Kitten|
|Add Date:||2011-12-11||Pull Date:||2012-02-12|
|Week Ending:||5 Feb||29 Jan||1 Jan||18 Dec|
|1.||Oct 28, 2017:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
Spooky Hand Saloon
|4.||Dec 29, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
Poor Pretty Jane
|2.||Feb 01, 2012:||Modern Donkey - Nontraditional Song Structures |
Stuck On A Highway Island
|5.||Dec 15, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
|3.||Jan 27, 2012:||Modern Donkey - Special Edition |
Pig And Spider, Stuck On A Highway Island
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Based out of Georgia / Florida this quintet brings us some fun soundscapes along the lines of carnival / noir / worldly-type stuff, all bizarre yet accessible. Instrumentation of organ, piano, drums, guitar, bells, with both female and male vocals. For fans of Dick Panthers, Red Asphalt, The Scene Is Now or anything slightly or totally off-kilter. Great stuff. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 2, 3, 4, 9, 11, 12, 13.
1. (2:22) Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. Bluesy noir jam.
2. *(3:32) Mid. Alley garbage cans, keys, echoey vocals, plodding beat, horn. Bizarre and beautiful.
3. *(4:14) Mid. Marimba? intro. Female vocal with backing vocals, shakers, keys. Hypnotic lyrics.
4. *(3:47) Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. Percussion, guitar, organ producing a carnival-type effect. Think something along the lines of The Munsters. Very cool.
5. (4:06) Slow / Mid. Spoken intro then guitar, drums, swirling organ. Stretched out echoey female vocal. Ends with spoken argument. Nice.
6. (2:28) Slow / Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. Jazzy piano / organ noodling. Hip.
7. (5:29) Slow / Mid. INSTRUMENTAL with insane phrases of laughing. Moody noir piece with organ, piano, bells.
8. (2:31) Slow. Spacey vocal delivery, very drawn out over drums, organ, guitar.
9. *(3:39) Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. This one’s more ‘normal’ than the others with slick, cool guitar, some keyboard effects, drums. A bit of noir.
10. (0:58) Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. Really heavy organ with all kinds of effects. Scary and bent.
11. *(4:52) Mid. Great spoken intro over a mad piano. Harmonizing, keys. Catchy. Spoken ending with applause.
12. *(3:12) Slow / Mid. Spacey organ, echoey vocals, guitar. Really mellow and beautiful.
13. *(6:16) Slow / Mid. Spoken intro with cat meow. Drum machine, organ, guitar with a Chet Atkins influence. A bit spooky and cool.
|3.||Stuck On A Highway Island||9.||Blister|
|4.||Mystic Lurch||10.||Rusty Test Tube|
|5.||Punching Jackie||11.||Poor Pretty Jane|
|6.||Spooky Hand Saloon||12.||Pig And Spider|
|13.||Of Holy Colors|