|Artist:||Lord Loves A Working Man||Added:||Nov 2011|
|Label:||Working Man Music|
|Add Date:||2011-12-04||Pull Date:||2012-02-05|
|Week Ending:||Dec 25|
|1.||Dec 22, 2011:||The Songsmith Show
Stronger Next Time
*My Favorites*: 1, 2, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15.
1. *(5:12) Mid. Big sound with horns, organ pumping it out. Male, female trade vocals, and harmonize.
2. *(4:08) Mid. Bluesy soul with female vocal lead. Song appears to end, then has a 1:00 coda with slide guitar, horns, percussion.
3. (3:18) Mid. Drinkin’ song, bluesy R&B, plodding beat.
4. (2:49) Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. Horn intro then band joins with swirling organ, pounding beat. Cool organ solo.
5. (3:32) Slow / Mid. Harmonizing over a mellow soulful number.
6. (3:19) Mid. Upbeat funky groover. Male vocal lead with female backing vocals.
7. *(2:56) Mid / Fast. INSTRUMENTAL. Funky struttin’ driver. Big horns, drum-heavy. Killer.
8. (5:30) Slow. Mellow ballad with female vocal. Nice organ, really swirly. Beautiful.
9. (4:16) Mid. Very cool New Orleans sound with that classic piano, horns, percussion behind male vocal. A bit sparse and just right.
10. *(3:45) Mid. Allen Toussaint song. Mean guitar, mean female vocal. Struttin’, searing funky groover. Cool horns with a great solo, pounding rhythm. Yeah.
11. *(5:07) Slow / Mid. Down beat, mournful dirge. Sparse and ominous with plodding piano, organ, percussion, horns. Strong male vocal. Heavy.
12. *(3:32) Mid. Upbeat funky strut. Female vocal. Danceable and delicious. Killer instrumental break with organ, drums pounding it out.
13. (3:50) Mid. R&B groover with some heavy, hard hitting lyrics. Organ, horns, percussion driving.
14. *(3:29) Mid / Fast. INSTRUMENTAL. Rockin’ funky groovin’ energetic blues. Nice solos.
15. *(5:37) Slow / Mid. Soulful, mournful ballad. Cool organ, horns, percussion. Nice.