|Bees, The / Every Step's A Yes|
|Album:||Every Step's A Yes||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2012-01-01||Pull Date:||2012-03-04|
|Week Ending:||19 Feb||12 Feb||5 Feb||29 Jan||22 Jan||15 Jan||8 Jan|
|1.||Sat, 18 Feb 12:||glu|
Feral Pop Frenzy
|4.||Fri, 03 Feb 12:||Francis D|
|2.||Fri, 17 Feb 12:||Francis D|
|5.||Fri, 27 Jan 12:||Francis D|
|3.||Fri, 10 Feb 12:||Francis D|
|6.||Wed, 25 Jan 12:||Dr. Wormwood|
Modern Donkey - Songs about Places
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
UK band with this, their 4th release. Lots of retro stylings of ’60’s psyche and folk. For fans of CSNY, The Beatles, or just anything ’60’s psyche and folk. Instrumentation of guitar, bass, drums, horns, sitar, keys. Some really, really cool sounds here. I say play any of it. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 1, 2, 5, 7, 9, 10, 14.
1. *(5:39) Mid. Upbeat and feel-good vibes. Great strummed guitar. Sitar, drums, backing vocals.
2. *(5:03) Mid. Ethereal vibe, reggae beat. Percussion, horn, keys. Very cool.
3. (3:40) Mid. Very ’60’s folk. Echoey vocals, harmonizing, guitar, drums.
4. (4:09) Slow. Psychedelic, channeling The Beatles. Big production. Guitar, tambourine, keys, horn, sitar.
5. *(3:18) Mid. Upbeat guitars, harmonizing, a bit of CSNY, ’60’s retro. Easy-going.
6. (3:04) Slow / Mid. Flute?, drums, guitar, bass, keys, harmonizing. Cool.
7. *(3:40) Slow / Mid. Forlorn, a bit trippy with echoey vocals, seems to end with 1:10 remaining but continues on with a string-led epic soundscape.
8. (5:37) Mid. Piano intro, then some mellow psyche / folk with harmonizing. Gets a bit jammy.
9. *(3:33) Mid. Echoey vocals, percussion, guitar, driving gait. A bit subdued. Far out.
10. *(4:26) Mid. Upbeat with background spoken words / vocals, but mostly INSTRUMENTAL. Somewhat of a samba with cool percussion, keys.
11. (2:24) Mid. Upbeat ’60’s folk. Guitar, drums, organ, echoey vocals, backing vocals, harmonizing.
12. (3:17) Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. Funky psyche. Organ, heavy drums, horns. Hip, man.
13. (4:37) Slow / Mid. Solemn with guitar and vocal intro, then band with heavy drum, monotonous guitar.
14. *(4:27) MId. Another version of song #1 and pretty similar.
15. (4:56) Mid. Another version of song #2. A remix, with slight embellishes on organ effects.
16. (2:16) Slow / Mid. Reprise of song #7. Guitar, horn, heavy strings.