|Secret Colors / Confusion Control|
|Add Date:||2012-01-16||Pull Date:||2012-03-19|
|Week Ending:||18 Mar||11 Mar||26 Feb||19 Feb||12 Feb||5 Feb||29 Jan||22 Jan|
|1.||Jul 10, 2013:||Beach Blanket Bingo |
|4.||Mar 14, 2012:||meow |
|2.||Apr 17, 2013:||Girls Rule |
|5.||Mar 04, 2012:||Instant Cat |
|3.||Jan 03, 2013:||Top 100 Albums of 2012 |
|6.||Feb 25, 2012:||Feral Pop Frenzy |
Warm chillwave/glo-fi instrumentals with tropical vibes from Debacle Records. Bedroom project of a Seattle native who just had another release on Aguirre and a tape on Digitalis before that. A good soundtrack for lazy river floats. A great colorful palette of textures that would be welcome on any show. FCC CLEAN |
RIYL: Ken Seeno, Kevin Greenspon. Megabats, Mark McGuire, Konntinent, Rangers
1. Lazy zig-zagging guitars and 80’s loungy elevator music. Spotted with tinkly chimey percussion.
*2. Lightly galloping percussion, and gentle tinkling piano with subtle guitar accents.
*3. “Seafoam.” Sounds just like the title implies. Gooey and gelatinous with gentle dripping effects and a touch of keyboard.
*4. Tropical vibes with bouncy percussion. Slow washes of keyboards and whirring effects slowly building in intensity.
5. 1 minute track. Slow ringing guitar chords.
6. Midtempo airy waves of guitar noodling with light percussion.
*7. Shimmering aqueous keyboard melodies, tropical fishfinding, etc.
8. 30-second intro consisting of a looped chopped-up sample “It’s supposed to be a long smooth kind of flowing thing…” later melts into a lively keyboard ditty with pitch-knob twiddling and cool sci-fi effects.
9. Mysterious “Dusk at Cubist Castle” instrumental—relentless slow ticking clocks, bubbly keyboards, a looming cloud of apprehension.
10. Free-fall acoustic guitar number.
|4.||Lime Green||9.||Living Room|
|5.||Deep Breath||10.||Time Lapse-Garden|