|Various Artists / Bollywood Bloodbath|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Nov 2011|
|Add Date:||2012-01-29||Pull Date:||2012-04-01||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Apr 1||Mar 25||Mar 18||Feb 26||Feb 19||Feb 12||Feb 5|
|1.||Dec 14, 2018:||Popping and Hopping demo |
Chal Re Doli
|4.||Sep 28, 2013:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Jan 24, 2017:||Emergency Crew - For Kamla |
Aa Jaane Jaan, Meri Jaan, Aji Kahan Gum Ho
|5.||Jul 29, 2012:||New World Disorder |
|3.||Sep 20, 2016:||Emergency Crew (sub For It's Hollywood, It's Bollywood) |
|6.||Jul 08, 2012:||New World Disorder |
Reviewed by Sadie O., 1/27/12
Particularly odd Bollywood soundtrack numbers, apparently from crime and monster movies. Music takes inspiration from Western movie soundtracks and adds particularly Bollywood elements of just plain oddness.
1. 0:42 slow fade in, sinister laugh, jangly bits, then violins and laughter. Manages to segue right into next track.
2. 4:09 **electronic weebles, then drum beats that speed up, turning into quite a funky little dance beat with pretty female chorus. Interesting vocal interchange, tune-wise.
3. 3:08 ***terribly menacing horns – textbook noir. Gets a funky beat after half a minute, female vocals taking the concept of “guest house” MUCH too seriously – funny stuff!
4. 6:28 **all sorts of sound effects, woobles, thumps… funky uptempo slightly Blaxploitation sound, male and female vocals in Hindi. Fairly odd throughout - seems to go from a love song to an attack.
5. 4:48 ***strums and weebles, grotty horns, grunts. Eeesh! Turns into some sort of uptempo parade of weirdities, then into subdued slinky female love song. Male screaming at end. Just plain odd.
(check out the video - an item number by Helen! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qttDMpvLVM)
6. 4:11 **electronic chirps, high female vocals, sinister strings, dog barking, then slow slinky lounge-y stuff. False endings right in the middle and near end.
7. 1:56 ****absolutely bitchen funky strut with chirps, bongos and crackhead laughter.
8. 5:02 **lounge exotica, female vocals, swing-jazzy horns. Quite a few distinctly odd musical elements.
9. 3:19 ***ultra-groovy Latin percussion. Instrumental, starts out lounge and winds up noir with jangles.
10. 5:25 ****goofy electronics and wind, then very sneaky sounding bassline, then nicely syncopated 60’s spy music sound, high female vocals. Inexplicable electronics, gnarly guitar solo.
11. 0:55 *high female vocals, operatic male vocals (recorded in the shower, I think). Sinister laughter.
12. 3:59 **midtempo funky groove with electronics and mutated farfisa, female vocals.
13. 1:56 *wind noises, horrible creaks, tension and suspense, heartwrenching violin.
14. 3:03 **discordancy! Jangles! Squeeps! Oh my!
15. 3:17 ***noisy intro, then bongos, crime drama instrumental. Creepy breathy male vocals – eek! Pong noises.
16. 4:29 ***beeply intro, then jolly happy little popster, with female vocals – love song to Superman. Very odd combination of instruments. Also involves rather typical Bollywood vocal duet.
17. 1:52 ****clang! Suspense! Male chanting. Help!
18. 4:17 ****60’s pop/soul, groovy sax, electronic woobles, odd female vocals, pretty male lead. Bitchenly strange.
19. 4:11 ***traditional drumming, humming, male vocals, traditional brass of some sort, slow and almost devotional sounding. Hypnotic. I kinda dig this…
20. 3:00 **pretty flutes, strings, female vocals, bongos and groovy bass. Rather restrained 60’s pop sound.
21. 5:58 **droplet, big cheer, Atari game noises, uptempo pop, upbeat, very high female vocals. Yes, there are bongos. Music gets interesting in second half of song.
22. 3:39 ***plinky keyboards, music box, then lots of drama. Every kind of drama. Then pretty little waltz. Whatever! Inexplicable.