|Add Date:||2011-12-04||Pull Date:||2012-02-05|
|Week Ending:||Jan 29||Jan 15||Jan 8||Dec 11|
|1.||Jan 24, 2012:||the gilded youth
By A Thread
|4.||Jan 04, 2012:||Brownian Motion
|2.||Jan 10, 2012:||fake orangeasm
How Allah Stole Christmas, Happening Now
|5.||Dec 06, 2011:||YOUTH DEMOGRAPHIC RADIO: David Groff Owes Me $5
By A Thread
|3.||Jan 06, 2012:||maximum entropy
FCC: 1, 2
RIYL: Sonic Youth, White Fang, Basement Lovers, Royal Trux
1. FCC (shit) Sonic Youth washed-out rock. Muffled vocals and massive ringing chords.
2. FCC (fuck) Messy and awesome. Blasts of pedal-distorted guitar, disorienting lyrics, all spinning out of control.
*3. Midtempo. Loud crashing percussion, layered layers of resonating guitars, melodic fe/male vocals. A great rocking jam with nice hooks.
4. Shoegazey wall of distortion with echoey vocals and spares percussion. The last minute melts away into a plodding instrumental.
5. Opens with a squeal of distortion—gives way into a thrashing punk single with and aggressive vocals, guitars spiraling out of control and strained stacks of Marshalls.
6. Midtempo. Scribbly guitars, thumping percussion. Vocals echoing through the messy scrawl.
*7. Dreampunk. Floaty female vocals, a staticy wash of guitars, and jangly percussion, all with a distinctly edgy feel.
8. Disorienting guitar and bass noodling, sound effects, haunting vocals.
9. Shoegazy rock with thudding galloping percussion and belted vocals.
*10. Upbeat rocker—deep male vocals over frantic blasts of guitar. Would easily pass as an early Pixies demo.
*11. Thrashin’ instrumental. Relentless blistering waves of guitar, smashed-out percussion, total gnar shredding.
12. Reprise of the intro track. Midtempo guitar crashes, repetitive lyrics.
|1.||Happening Now||7.||By A Thread|
|2.||How Allah Stole Christmas||8.||Pet Frowns|
|3.||Doppelganger 12-Step||9.||Bestiality Bbq Ii|
|5.||Black Jesus Christ||11.||All White People Look The Same (To Me)|
|6.||Hydroxyzine||12.||Not Happening Now|