|Hecq / Avenger|
|Add Date:||2011-12-04||Pull Date:||2012-02-05||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||Jan 1||Dec 25|
|1.||Dec 25, 2011:||lost and found |
|3.||Dec 18, 2011:||lost and found |
Bete Noire (Deadfader Remix)
|2.||Dec 23, 2011:||Pumping Iron |
With Angels, With Angels
Hecq - Avenger|
Master of cutting edge sound design Ben Lukas Boysen aka Hecq releases "avenger". If somebody wonders about what will be the future sound of dubstep, this album might be the closest answer. There are also IDM and Ambient tracks. Its intelligent, glitchy, multidimensional and industrial, with a unique drive and attitude. A pleasure to listen. NO FCC. Picks. ALL(fav. 3) except 2, 7, 11.
Reviewed by Enzomanic
1. Harmonious synth layers blended with dubstep core beats and a kinda experimental wobble bassline.
2. Just a lame recorded phone call dialog.
3. Deep tribal ambient intro explodes in to some serious dubstep with cutting-edge sound design, there are also powerful experimental/industrial elements, every sound is traveling above your head, multidimensional.
4. IDM groove, Aphex twin and Autechre similarities plus some deep dark synth chords.
5. Intro with nebulous harmonic chords switches in to a IDM/dubstep groove in 1:20. Synths are a bit higher and sharper, impressive arrangement.
6. Dubstep beat with repetitive vox and cinematic FX.
7. More lame recorded phone calls.
8. IDM/dubstep, this one is loaded with psi-fi/industrial percussive sfx, very spacey and dimensional as well, almost sounds like massive robots having sex.
9. In this one their psi-fi/industrial percussive sfx are less massive, but still very gnarly and futuristic.
10. Spacey organs, fat sawtooth basslines, pads, ambient drones.
11. Personally, not as bangin as the original bane, sounds more like the mainstream.
12. Dubstep blended with some eclectic strings, chorus of female vox and the rest is almost the same as the original mix.
13. IDM version of Bane, love those fat sfx and bass layers traveling through space! blended with balance in every sound particle.
14. Remix version of Nihilum, more cinematic and progressive dubstep, less fatness on the basslines and SFX.
15. Ambient version of Bete Noire, deep and low chords fading in n out, pleasant and mysterious.