|Royal Chant / Raise Your Glass & Collapse|
|Album:||Raise Your Glass & Collapse||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2012-03-10||Pull Date:||2012-05-12|
|Week Ending:||6 May||8 Apr||25 Mar|
|1.||Sun, 08 Mar 20:||JD|
|3.||Wed, 04 Apr 12:||Dr. Wormwood|
Modern Donkey - Closers
|2.||Wed, 02 May 12:||Matty K|
The Independent Mind
|4.||Fri, 23 Mar 12:||Mister Esquire|
Album: raise your glass and Collapse|
Artists: Royal Chant
Genre: Indie Rock
Royal Chant is a garage band from the wilds of NSW, Australia. (a.k.a the great state of New South Wales). But Singer Mark Spencer is an American expatriate. Bopping guitars and thumping rhythm guitar would make any true punk rocker proud. Fantastic Album overall, Spencer’s voice is the perfect pitch for the instruments but sometimes the instrumentals drown out his voice. Try: 4, 5, 9, 10
1. Hey Hey- (3:06)- starts with cymbals, drums, leads to punk rock. Cool Guitar cords.
2. Shatters Alright- (4:10)- rhythmic drums. Repetitive “alright alright”. Love song ballad. Punk rockish without the screaming.
3. Petrograd- (2:37)- Guitar lead in, with thumpin’ drums, instrumentals drown out the voice.
4. Ghosts- (1:38)-**** Fast thumping guitar and bass, cymbals throughout. “doesn’t matter what day it is” nice upbeat.
5. Coughing Fits- (4:14)- ******guitar solo intro, mellow, sings about running away. Sad and melancholy.
6. Bored Awake-(3:51)- rempetitive guitars and drums, moaning voice,
7. A series of Sighs- (3:37)- guitar solo intro, drums and guitar blots out vocals, upbeat.
8. Syndrome- (2:38)-*** guitar, old school rockish, repetitive drums,
9. Other- (4:27)- ******mellowish, repetitive guitars, upbeat lyrics, fantastic,
10. Sea chanty- (4:11)- ******Fantastic, best song on the album. Folk songish, slow and extremely Mellow-starts with vocals with light guitars.becomes more upbeat at 1:15.
|1.||Hey Hey||6.||Bored Awake|
|2.||Shatters Alright||7.||A Series Of Sighs|
|5.||Coughing Fits||10.||Sea Chanty|