|Drums, The / Portamento|
|Artist:||Drums, The||Added:||Nov 2011|
|Add Date:||2012-01-16||Pull Date:||2012-03-19|
|Week Ending:||Mar 25||Mar 18||Mar 11||Mar 4||Feb 19||Feb 12||Feb 5||Jan 29|
|1.||Oct 24, 2019:||Radiant Airwaves |
|4.||Mar 05, 2018:||new year, new me |
How It Ended
|2.||Oct 17, 2019:||Radiant Airwaves |
Book Of Revelation
|5.||Dec 07, 2017:||moodswings |
What You Were
|3.||Sep 10, 2018:||regular school / summer skool |
How It Ended
|6.||Sep 29, 2017:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
It’s peppy. It’s poppy. It’s ‘indie’ if you wish. It’s got a bit of a retro vibe going back to The Smiths on uppers, or something akin to that, with just a hint of some dark, goth, post-punkish type stuff. Use of synths, drum machines, guitars, bass, backing vocals. It’s alluring, downer but upbeat stuff - all songs are Mid tempo. Band is based out of N.Y. and this is their second full-length. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 3, 4, 6, 10.
1. (3:30) MId. Catchy, peppy, with handclaps, clangy guitar, backing vocals.
2. (4:29) Mid. A bit dreamy albeit upbeat. Plodding beat, up guitar.
3. *(3:15) MId. Driving, propelling beat, strong bass (or is that a guitar?), backing vocals, pretty and upbeat.
4. *(3:54) Mid / Fast. Quick beat, cool bass line, handclaps or keys / synth, echoey. Great lyric ‘I want to buy you something...but I don’t have any money’.
5. (3:53) Mid. Handclap, synth, drum start. Gets fuller as it goes on.
6. *(3:22) Mid. Frantic guitar, drums. Driving, echoey vocal. Big and epic-sounding. Quiet, spacey ending.
7. (2:49) Mid. Keyboard stuff with processed horns or strings. Stretched out vocal delivery. Dreamy, ethereal, a bit trippy. 0:20 silence at end.
8. (4:12) Mid. Guitar, drum machine, fingersnaps, backing vocals. Dense and driving.
9. (3:51) Mid. A bit dark, guitar and bass playing off one another. Trippy high-pitched vocal in the back.
10. *(4:16) Mid. Hypnotic bass, plodding beat. A bit dreamy, yet upbeat. Long fade-out.
11. (3:29) Mid. Stretched-out vocals, echoey, disjointed beat. Long fade-out.
12. (4:21) Mid. Dreamy synth, easy-going beat, slight vocal echo, backing vocals.
|1.||Book Of Revelation||7.||Searching For Heaven|
|2.||Days||8.||Please Don't Leave|
|3.||What You Were||9.||If He Likes It Let Him Do It|
|4.||Money||10.||I Need A Doctor|
|5.||Hard To Love||11.||In The Cold|
|6.||I Don't Know How To Love||12.||How It Ended|