|Big Harp / White Hat|
|Artist:||Big Harp||Added:||Nov 2011|
|Add Date:||2012-01-08||Pull Date:||2012-03-11|
|Week Ending:||Mar 4||Jan 29|
|1.||Dec 14, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
Steady Hand Behind The Wheel
|3.||Jan 26, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
Goodbye Crazy City
|2.||Mar 01, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
Out In The Field
|4.||Dec 29, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
All Bets Are Off
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Married duo playing folky, jazzy, mostly easy-going songs. Instrumentation of guitar, drums, keys, bass. The guys voice sounds very similar to Sean Rowe’s (recent A-file). It’s quite magnetic, very measured and heartfelt. This is some simple, yet fantastic stuff! Any song is worth a play, except FCC #6.|
*My Favorites*: All of ‘em.
1. (3:48) Mid. Heavy, spooky guitar intro, then vocal, then gets jazzy with plodding beat, piano, guitar.
2. (3:17) Mid. Mellow, hypnotic picked guitar, keys.
3. (4:28) Mid. Easy-going porch song, minimal drum, picked guitar, harmonizing. Song about troubled love.
4. (3:06) Mid. Loungey, jazzy, cool electric guitar toward end, cool percussion.
5. (3:15) Mid. Upbeat, jazzy, great guitar, vocal gets screaming at parts with killer electric guitar.
6. (3:39) Slow / MId. FCC. Simple folky tune with easy picked / strummed guitar.
7. (3:45) Mid. Gospel feel, nice beat, keys, drums. Vocal gets really into it with exuberance.
8. (2:35) Slow / Mid. Sparse, folky tune. Really easy-going and nice, female backing vocal.
9. (2:15) Mid. Title track. Mellowy, sparse, upbeat with great guitar, drums. Very cool.
10. (5:02) Mid. Takes a few seconds to come up to volume, then great percussion, almost a Tom Waits vocal thing going on. Upbeat and ultimately driving. Hip and cool, daddy-o.
11. (2:57) Slow / Mid. Piano, vocal. Very touching.
|1.||Nadine||6.||Some Old World I Used To Know|
|2.||Everybody Pays||7.||Here's Hoping|
|3.||Goodbye Crazy City||8.||Let Me Lend My Shoulder|
|4.||Steady Hand Behind The Wheel||9.||White Hat|
|5.||All Bets Are Off||10.||Out In The Field|