|Prefab Messiahs, The / Peace Love & Alienation|
|Album:||Peace Love & Alienation||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Prefab Messiahs, The||Added:||Dec 2011|
|Add Date:||2012-02-05||Pull Date:||2012-04-08|
|Week Ending:||Mar 18||Mar 11||Feb 26||Feb 19||Feb 12|
|1.||May 06, 2017:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
|4.||Aug 09, 2013:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
The 16th Track
|2.||Sep 05, 2015:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: A Birthday-Long Show |
|5.||Jan 22, 2013:||Torpidity Whembilism |
|3.||Aug 31, 2015:||Breakaway Year 1000, 8000 |
Beyond All That
|6.||Mar 17, 2012:||Buford J. Sharkley's Themeless Escapades |
The 16th Track
The Prefab Messiahs / “Peace, Love & Alienation” / Fixed Identity|
These are 8 remastered songs from the early 80s apparently. Lo-fi as heck, punk male vocals, very fun feel. Often times, a casiotone or just synth beat in the background. The real punch comes in the great guitar/synth soloing, really really great. Some really fantastic melodies, some of which even sound like improvised solos. Really great. Evokes genre sounds from the 60s, 70s, 80s. Not a bad track on the album, even the short ones. Enjoy!
No FCCs detected.
Favorite tracks: 3, 1, 5, 6
Individual track reviews continued inside.
1. *3:10 Spoken words in beginning background, catchy casiotone beat, great guitar noodling, punk vocals - cool!
2. 3:13 Very lo-fi doo-wop (occasional wooo wooo wooos) meets punk, synth tone in background which solos for a bit toward the end.
3. *3:05 Slower, really great melancholy synth melody over casiotone beat, vocals hard to distinguish, but such a nice general eerie sound. Live, so sound quality is a bit off.
4. 0:56 Sounds like they’re just saying “donut world” to a bass beat.
5. *3:05 Upbeat, and singing, and harmonies! Get out! 80s pop meets lo-fi pseudo punk. Electric guitar solo followed by synth solo!
6. *0:50 Great downtempo distorted beat, big drums, minor key soloing, effectsing, awesoming.
7. 3:13 Background sounds like a lo-fi “If you’re going to San Francisco”, harmonized chorus, pretty standard song.
8. 5:21 Uptempo, eerie tempo, sounds like the background to a high speed cop chase from the 70s. Intentionally dramatic doubled male vocals warning of the evils of Satan.
|1.||Beyond All That||5.||Desperately Happy|
|2.||Cousin Artie||6.||Prefab City Dub|
|3.||Sacred Cow||7.||Don't Go To The Party|
|4.||Rice 4 A Shiek||8.||The 16th Track|